Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2007, 2:47 PM   #1

I am looking on e-bay at some very interesting old screw mount lenses. One says it's a T-mount screw type lens. Others just say screw mount. Thereare alsoseveral adapters for sale. One says screw mount to P/K. Another says M42 to P/K. If I were to buy this sort of thing, what combination should I be looking for? Thanks for your help!

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2007, 5:20 PM   #2

There were two common thread used and confusingly both are 42mm! "T-Mount" is a Tamron system for mounting various adapters to their lenses. To use a T-Mount on a Pentax you need a Tamron adapter. T-Mount is 0.75mm thread pitch.

The other common thread which is usually termed just"M42" or "Pentax Screw", some other camera names too, is also a 42mm threat but it is 1.0mm thread pitch.

At first sight you may thing one would screw onto the other but trying to do so will only jam the thread and perhaps permanently damage both threads.

I dont think either of those two adapters (which I think are the same ) would work with the TMount lens. For a TMount lens on a Pentax K type mount you would need a TMount to Pentax K adapter. For an M42 lens you need a M42 to Pentax K adapter. I think the latter type is more common.

I am sure there a plenty of knowledgable folks on here who can add more information.

John Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:56 PM   #3

Thanks John.I see that the adapter and a couple of the old lenses come from the same seller. He should be able to tell me for sure if they work together! Thanks again.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote