Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Jan 31, 2007, 7:57 PM   #1

Hi Guys

Question for you all.
I just Got my hands on a Like New used K100D To play around With. I Thought I read somewhere that the Sigma EF 500 DG ST Would not Work properly with this Camera. And That It must Be Sent back To Sigma to Be rechiped
Is this the Case ??

Thanks

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 31, 2007, 8:14 PM   #2

hey phil,
funny you should mention this as i was on the phone with sigma today. there are different production runs of these flashes. some work, some don't.. i'm surprised you asked this ?? when all you have to is test it.. guy at sigma said he could not tell for sure unless you test it with the camera. i wanted to rechip before i got the k10. he said i could send it in and they'd test it for whatever cam i said i'd be using it on but with my late production flash i should wait and test it. if i see ''polytrope this weekend i'll ck minewith his DL.

roy
Old Jan 31, 2007, 9:13 PM   #3

Thanks Roy.

I Guess I am a little on the lazy side. I have taken exactly 2 pictures So far with it. Been Sick with Broncitius and except For Going To Work I have just Been Sitting in My Chair and trying To Get Better. Its been 3 weeks now and two trys at antibiotics and i am Only Now Feeling Marginally Better.
So i just thought i would Ask. I hope To start playing with It More this weekend and post Some pics.

Thanks again

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2007, 10:49 PM   #4

phil,
10 days is about minimum for a good antibiotic. hope you are doing better!!

roy