Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:42 AM   #21

PDL wrote:
Quote:
The tenor of your original post is that while the image is not perfect - the image could not be done by a C*non or N*kon with an image stabilized lens.
No go back and look... I said NO SUCH THING... I said without an extra !00's of dollar EXTRA PER lens a Cor N couldn't do it without time for set up and space for a cumbersom tripod.

VS just turning around.... seeing OH WOW...chest brace... hold breath and "click"

No that you would not pull off under the conditions with any current off the shelf C or N without tripod or very expensive per lens glass..
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 4:47 AM   #22

PeterP wrote:
Quote:

There is however a program that claims to be able to correct for minor out of focus and blur called focus magic http://www.focusmagic.com/

Yet another person that has missed the OP statement both reduced and pure out of camera shot and NOT PERFECT... not retouched in any way.

I have cleaned it up in Photoshop quite nicely thank you with Unsharp Mask and some other things.... and remind you again I did sell it, to the owners for small size brochure and web use., esplecially cleaned up it is fine for.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 2:59 PM   #23
PDL

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
PDL wrote:
Quote:
The tenor of your original post is that while the image is not perfect - the image could not be done by a C*non or N*kon with an image stabilized lens.
No go back and look... I said NO SUCH THING... I said without an extra !00's of dollar EXTRA PER lens a Cor N couldn't do it without time for set up and space for a cumbersom tripod.

VS just turning around.... seeing OH WOW...chest brace... hold breath and "click"

No that you would not pull off under the conditions with any current off the shelf C or N without tripod or very expensive per lens glass..

No where in your original post do you suggest that you are comparing cameras out of the box. Nor is there anything in your post about the cost of stabilized lenses. Again - the tenor of your post is to bash other camera manufactures - not something that works in Pentax's favor, and you do it with what, in my opinion, is not a very good image.

Your latest comment about holding your breath - and this is a bad thing? I hand hold my *ist Ds at less than 1/30 of a second all the time - are you implying that someone with not using a K10D can't? Your argument is pretty thin, there are many images out there that were hand held at 1/30 or less and the are just fine.

Oh - by the way a lens based stabilized image would, I believe, have locked onto the boat making the clouds blurry. If your intension with the "moment" was to shoot the boat, with the subtle lighting on the sails --- then blur the clouds. If your intent was to show the clouds --- then lose the boat.

PDL

PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:21 PM   #24

Again just because I didn't B&W say it I DID.

ButI NEVER said with enough (per lens) $$$$ C& N couldn't either... should you take that course.... and Sony has also jumped on the internal IS bandwagon... and maybe actually seen as a serious camera maker than just an electronics congloerat.

That so far C & N are just ignoring this as some kind of just a flash is the pan is just plain SIUCIDE.... again unless all they want to remain JUST be viable in is trhe ULTRA high end.

And don't think that Pentax and SONY don't have their sights there either.

As long as Lens IS remains SIGHTLY better.... there are the people with deep $$$ per lens pockets.... but that you can nearly do it as well in cam ANY lens.... how much longer is that going to last for?... but for the ABSOLUTE PERFECTIONISTS?
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:00 AM   #25

My attempt... if it was DARK, why not show it?

Can't make it a superb shot... but hey
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:07 AM   #26

Nope, missed nothing from the original post.
Tired to give you some alternatives for correcting substandard work.

Just because you managed to sell a blured image does not make it right.
It just shows if you try hard enough you can sell anything to anyone.
PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 3:20 PM   #27
PDL

I prefer the clouds from the original, in this version of the image the sky gets blown out. Also notice that the lights on the island look as if they are streaked at about a 45 degree angle - blur? However the image has been reduced in size (no idea what software did it and what algorithm was used) lots of missing detail - maybe even cropped to death. I say keep the clouds from the original - lose the boat. Pentax says not to pan when using SR - I wonder what the SR locked onto give the streaks of light on the horizon.

I think it would be very interesting if Pentax came out with stabilized lenses for the K10D - then we could turn off internal IS and pan - then throw on a mid 90's AF 50mm f1.whatever and blast away in the dark. Best of both worlds. Much easier for Pentax to do rather than C*non and N*kon - since we have SR built in. It would also mean that Pentax would be making more lenses - that can not be a bad thing.

Also - in parting - to Hayward - lose the all caps in your posts - no one likes to be yelled at. Run spell check too - sometimes it is hard to "get" what you are trying to say. As in cooking gourmet meals - presentation is everything.

PDL
PDL is offline   Reply With Quote