Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:33 AM   #11

that's right poal.. no waiting and no film cost. there is no lettering on my delete key. lol

you are going to love the tamron!!! it's a GREAT lens..

roy
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:41 AM   #12

Yes looking forward to getting some serious use out of the macro lens. New world for me as the closest I have come to Macro before was with a close up filter..... that was years ago!!!

Poul
Poul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 12:26 PM   #13

closeup lenses are cool to start with and help you decide if you want to upgrade.. here's a few macros from our side of the pond

http://picasaweb.google.com/roysphoto/Macros

roy
Old Feb 2, 2007, 1:09 PM   #14

Very impressive Roy. Some excellent macro photos. Love the site too, just selected slide show and was blown away with the photos...

Poul
Old Feb 3, 2007, 5:27 AM   #15

do not touch the focusing screen with anything (ie dont try wiping it clean) because there is a very good chance that you will scratch it and it will need to be replaced
errno_gmm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:23 AM   #16

Thanks for the all the advice from all who have responded. Your comments are very much appreciated, especially as I am new in the DSLR world. Thankfully this forum is here. I was more suprised that dust had gathered in such a short time, maybe that's one of the things with DSLR that you have to put up with?

Poul
Old Feb 3, 2007, 6:16 PM   #17

Last year I bought a DS and wasn't very careful when changing lenses at first. One time I was out snowshoeing on a mountaintop, and didn't have the next lens ready. I also didn't pay any attention to where the wind was coming from. A gust came up just as I was about to put the new lens on the camera and almost blew me over (I luckily dropped the lens cap instead of the lens). I got dust on both the focusing screen and the sensor. The sensor was easier to clean than the focusing screen (I more or less ignored it rather than doing something about it). It taught me to always make sure I knew where the wind was coming from, no matter how little it was, and to always have the next lens ready in one hand, next to the camera body before removing a lens (with the other hand). The camera spends only a second or so without a lens, and is always downwind. I haven't had much of a dust problem since.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 10:25 PM   #18

My K100D came new with dust in the viewfinder. I just ignore it since it does not show up in the pictures.
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:04 AM   #19

Hi...

Just to let you know. I bought the Giotto Rocket Air blower.. all my dust problems have gone. Cost £7.95 from e-bay.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 1:48 PM   #20

Poul, Did you have to take the focusing screen out?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote