Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 2, 2007, 4:37 PM   #11

bkrownd wrote:
Quote:
thehotel wrote:
Quote:
I HAVE NOT seen:

Any photographer walking around for hours with their camera to their faces for hours at a time. I spend a lot of time in the woods with my camera and the time it is up to my face compared to the time I am out in the woods is very little. I also have found out there are numerous things available to help you with holding the camera up to your face = trees, limbs, rocks, posts, signs and there is always a binocular harness or you could even use a tripod or a monopod.
You're exaggerating what I'm trying to say. Even with a monopod, there's a lot of holding the camera plus monopod while crossing miles of territory. There's a lot of manipulating, leaning, and hand-holding at angles. There's a LOT of tracking along the lens barrel and through the viewfinder. It adds up.
No argument from me.

Pretty simple really. If it is to heavy for you don't buy it.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:01 PM   #12

Roger,

Where did you buy the Bigma? What's it cost? I think your pictures are great and I'd like to figure out how big a bank I'm going to have to rob to get this lens myself.

Will
Polytrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:06 PM   #13

about 700usd, will....... how about a shoot manana?

roger, how do you tote this in the wild. certainly not with the camera. have you made a sling for it? if so i'd like to see a pic.

also, who does your website??

roy
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:12 PM   #14

Polytrope wrote:
Quote:
Roger,

Where did you buy the Bigma? What's it cost? I think your pictures are great and I'd like to figure out how big a bank I'm going to have to rob to get this lens myself.

Will
Good evening to YA!!!! Will

I bought my Bigma thru Sigma4Less. http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn;j...dex.shopscript

Lens: $939.95
UV Glass Filter: $39.95

Thanks for the nice words about my pictures.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:20 PM   #15

robar wrote:
Quote:
about 700usd, will....... how about a shoot manana?

roger, how do you tote this in the wild. certainly not with the camera. have you made a sling for it? if so i'd like to see a pic.

also, who does your website??

roy
Hi Roy, It is the lens that is on my camera 98% of the time. My background lens a Tamron 24-135 is pretty small so I carry it in my overalls. I don't have the sling that came with it on the camera it is in the bag that the BIGMA came in with some other treasures they sent me. I attach the camera with the lens to my binocular harness and zip my vest over it and go where ever I want. The harness spreads the weight around so if you divide the 6 pounds or so by all the areas the harness covers it is not un-comfortable and it does not bounce around.

I have a whole bunch of web sites and most I have built myself. www.thehotel.org

Which web site are you asking about????

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Feb 2, 2007, 6:40 PM   #16

Quote:
I bought my Bigma thru Sigma4Less. http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn;j...dex.shopscript
Quote:

Ah, yes, I have seen that lens before in the lists.

That will require knocking over a medium-sized bank, I'm afraid, and that requires careful planning, a good getaway car, etc. If I start posting from a State of Texas Correctional Institution, you'll know why. :-)

Thanks,

Will
Polytrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 7:41 PM   #17

Polytrope wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
I bought my Bigma thru Sigma4Less.
Quote:
http://www.sigma4less.com/sess/utn;jsessionid=1545bf794c6a76c/shopdata/index.shopscript
Quote:

Ah, yes, I have seen that lens before in the lists.

That will require knocking over a medium-sized bank, I'm afraid, and that requires careful planning, a good getaway car, etc. If I start posting from a State of Texas Correctional Institution, you'll know why. :-)

Thanks,

Will
Thanks Will for a good laugh.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:06 PM   #18

robar wrote:
Quote:
roger, how do you tote this in the wild.
I've been thinking that the BushHawk looks like a good tote-n-shoot device. Unfortunately I can't try one with my FZ-7 due to lack of remote shutter capability.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:15 PM   #19

bkrownd wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:
roger, how do you tote this in the wild.
I've been thinking that the BushHawk looks like a good tote-n-shoot device. Unfortunately I can't try one with my FZ-7 due to lack of remote shutter capability.
bkrownd, thanks for the information. I never even heard of this outfit until your post. I am going back to the site and check it out.

thanks again,

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 2, 2007, 8:15 PM   #20

Roger, I'll never have one but that is another excellent review for newbies.

What would this forum be without you

Fred
Bootneck3 is offline   Reply With Quote