Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 2, 2007, 9:20 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Bootneck3 wrote:
Quote:
Roger, I'll never have one but that is another excellent review for newbies.

What would this forum be without you

Fred
Hi to YA!!! Fred. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Thanks for the nice comment and for taking the time to read the review.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2007, 11:18 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
bkrownd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 106
Default

thehotel wrote:
Quote:
bkrownd wrote:
bkrownd, thanks for the information. I never even heard of this outfit until your post. I am going back to the site and check it out.
Seems that for the kind of high-mobility up-into-the-canopy kind of thing I'm usually doing it would work much better than just a monopod. It should be faster and easier to ready, aim and track. I could use it kneeling, leaning on a tree, or lying down. It could be partially assisted by my trekking pole monopod at lower elevation angles. It should reduce the fatigue of carrying a heavier camera. A shutter button that pulls towards the grip and the along the shoulder stock should also help reduce shutter-finger jerk. Then I could quickly sling it over my shoulder and be on the go.

I am envious of your toys.

bkrownd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 1:32 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

bkrownd wrote:
Quote:
thehotel wrote:
Quote:
bkrownd wrote:
bkrownd, thanks for the information. I never even heard of this outfit until your post. I am going back to the site and check it out.
Seems that for the kind of high-mobility up-into-the-canopy kind of thing I'm usually doing it would work much better than just a monopod. It should be faster and easier to ready, aim and track. I could use it kneeling, leaning on a tree, or lying down. It could be partially assisted by my trekking pole monopod at lower elevation angles. It should reduce the fatigue of carrying a heavier camera. A shutter button that pulls towards the grip and the along the shoulder stock should also help reduce shutter-finger jerk. Then I could quickly sling it over my shoulder and be on the go.

I am envious of your toys.
After reading about it I think it might be a very good tool. At this time I am pretty happy with the way my Binocular harness works. I have put their site in my favorites.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:33 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
aladyforty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,964
Default

an interesting look at a lens Ive been looking at for my canon 30D. Thanks for putting it all down in plain speak:-) I think I could manage this lens but not for long periods of time. How much bigger than the canon 100-400 is this lens, does anyone know?
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 11:45 AM   #25
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
an interesting look at a lens Ive been looking at for my canon 30D. Thanks for putting it all down in plain speak:-) I think I could manage this lens but not for long periods of time. How much bigger than the canon 100-400 is this lens, does anyone know?
Good morning aladyforty, thanks for looking and commenting.

Sorry I can't help you with you question.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:44 AM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 18
Default

I owned this lens for a few months but the weight got to me....Don"t try to put the lens on the camera... the camera goes on the lens !!!!!!
daveinozbikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 10:53 AM   #27
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

daveinozbikes wrote:
Quote:
I owned this lens for a few months but the weight got to me....Don"t try to put the lens on the camera... the camera goes on the lens !!!!!!
Good morning Dave, I guess I am lucky the size has not been a problem for me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 7:38 AM   #28
Senior Member
 
aladyforty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 6,964
Default

anyone know anything about the sigma 170-500mm f5-6.3? Is it as heavy as the bigma
aladyforty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2007, 11:27 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

aladyforty wrote:
Quote:
anyone know anything about the sigma 170-500mm f5-6.3? Is it as heavy as the bigma
170 - 500mm Weight is: 1345gr/47.4oz

50 - 500mm Weight is: 1,840g/64.9 oz


TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 5:59 AM.