Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 3, 2007, 5:42 AM   #1
TDN

2 with the new 400mm lens. Both handheld, as I don't have a monopod yet and I'm too impatient to work with a tripod

I'm especially pleased with the first one, got lucky with my timing, he was just attacking a mosquito

I'm really going to enjoy this lens...the wheather is becoming better...hopefulyl we'll get to see some birds again soon.

Tom
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 3, 2007, 1:26 PM   #2

Hi Tom,

It looks like you found a real bargain in that Vivitar. . .

I like to shoot telephoto cats too as they are the one of the most abundant wildlife species here in the Chicago 'burbs.
Here are a few of mine:

All are feral cats from the neighborhood. All taken with the FA*300/4,5 + P F 1.7x AFA.

There was a local lady who supported all the strays in the neighborhood -- it wouldn't be unusual to see 20 cats on her property at any given time. She was responsible about them tho -- when she could catch them, she had them neutered (some local vet must have loved having her as a client) When she moved, I think that she took at least 13 with her.

Scott

snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 4:51 PM   #3

Cats are nice subjects. Shot these today when visiting the nearby zoo, which only displays animals from the Nordic fauna. These are Lynx, according to my dictionary. Is that name valid in US and Canada too? (We had an elk/moose discussion a year ago)

Kjell
Attached Images

bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 5:34 PM   #4

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Cats are nice subjects. Shot these today when visiting the nearby zoo, which only displays animals from the Nordic fauna. These are Lynx, according to my dictionary. Is that name valid in US and Canada too? (We had an elk/moose discussion a year ago)

Kjell
they are called that where i come from in canada although i have never seen one in the wild. my brother does all the time where he works in the mountains
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2007, 6:54 PM   #5

Linx isthe term used for certain wild cats - these look like them (I'm no expert). The most common wild cats around here are normally referred to as mountain lions or cougars. The Linx are normally smaller.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:00 PM   #6

we call the one with to little tufts of hair on the ears lynx and the cougars and mountain lions are the bigger one's with the fawn type coloring
julianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 7:05 PM   #7
TDN

here's my neighbour's cat. Not the same as in the first pic.

This one sure thinks "out of the box"

TDN is offline   Reply With Quote