Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:01 PM   #1

I'm feeling frustrated again when it comes to pictures. It's all a state of my feeble mind - I'm feeling rather un-creative and haven't really liked anything I've taken recently (I've been trying some new things recently). I can't manage to see them objectively, so if you can help me out here - am I way off base or are these OK?

These first ones were taken at my office one very quiet, boring Friday when I wasn't very interested in working.
Attached Images

mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:03 PM   #2

Files:
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:04 PM   #3

Pre-computer database:
Attached Images

Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:06 PM   #4

Very nice DOF and lighting. I like em

What lens/camera?
mongrelchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:09 PM   #5

I am always amazed at how some folks can see pictures in the most mundane of things. These are pleasant to look at and put a gentle twist on the common. One thing would be on the first picture get that "stuff" out of the inside of the first clip. It takes away from the sharp lines of everything else! Still, a nice picture.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:37 PM   #6

mtngal,

I feel your pain. As of late I don't seem to be able to muster up any creativity. Not to mention around me its been real old and gray outside. So mostly indoors.

I guess its the everyday shots that will make us better for when we really need it.

Fred
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 10:51 PM   #7

Lyrics51 wrote:
Quote:
I am always amazed at how some folks can see pictures in the most mundane of things. These are pleasant to look at and put a gentle twist on the common. One thing would be on the first picture get that "stuff" out of the inside of the first clip. It takes away from the sharp lines of everything else! Still, a nice picture.

Glenn
I second that . There are a lot of beautiful stuff around us. Just need an eye for them and they pop out just like that.
You did great.

Daniel

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:05 PM   #8

I like the first shot with the paper clips. The Dof works well for the composition. My only suggestion is to run it through Neat Image. That's just my preference though. I like butter smooth backgrounds.

When I run out of inspiration or get bored, I will usually switch on another type of photography (macro, portrait, landscape, sports, etc). I always try to refine my technique. Whether it's lighting, composition, camera settings, or post processing technique. There are endless areas to continue your journey as a photographer.

Another idea is to just try to learn from others. Flickr is a great website. There are so many photographers and groups that it is a world in it's own. I am always adding new contacts and joining new groups. I find inspiration in works of others and I enjoy interacting with fellow photographers. When I see something new or interesting, I'll send the person questions about technique or equipment. It gives me a new project to work on.

Hope this helps.

- Hung
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:07 PM   #9

Oh one more thing. On the pic with the paperclips. How about converting it to B&W and upping the contrast?
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:53 PM   #10

I feel your pain, same here,and I envy your ability to work around it. My last shots were details of an excavator (work veichle) where the shovel had been stolen. Helping the owner to secure evidence. Very inspireing!

I'd like to see the paper clips from a more narrow angle and the DOF at the second or third. The suggestion on BW might also be worth a try.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote