Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 4, 2007, 11:08 PM   #1

Is there anyway to download and install older firmware back onto a camera... ever since I updated my D to 1.12, I have been having some minor issues. Is there a way to go back?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2007, 7:15 AM   #2

Hi,

Have you tried a new download of the firmware and then tried to reinstall the 1.12 firmware?

The other option is to call Petax and see if they can Email you the older version. I am using 1.02 with No problems. I have not had the need to upgrade to the newest one...

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2007, 8:27 AM   #3

Do you use an *istD or another Pentax camera? If so, do you happen to have the .bin file for 1.02? Maybe I could try going back to that one.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Although I am starting to think it might be my card... Everytime I push the OK button the camera shuts off/freezes and I have to take the batteries out... Never had this problem until I updated the firmware, but if there's no card in the camera... it doesn't do it... sound like a card problem to anyone?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 8:51 AM   #4

Hi,

I have an istD. The firmware i have is the one that came in the camera. I would try a New download and install it again with the new download. The first download or install might have been messed up.

If all else fails call pentax. They might email you a copy if they have it.

Rudy
Old Feb 6, 2007, 12:04 PM   #5

Only thing is that I can't reinstall thefirmware because the OK button cause the camera to freeze.

I could always just use the camera without deleting pictures... that's the only real reason I would need the OK button...I havetwo2GB CF cards so this really is an option.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 3:47 PM   #6

Hi,

Well you need the OK button to do other things in the camera also. you won't be able to format your memory cards either for one thing. Or you won't be able to change settings in the menu.

I think a Phone Call to Pentax is the only answer. You may have to send it in for service, Because if the camera freezes when the OK button is pressed The older firmware won't be able to be loaded either. Sorry that I can not be of more help.

Rudy