Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 30, 2007, 8:59 AM   #11

the shot you have at f16 is best IMHO. i had one of those sigmas for a short while and found it so soft at below f11 that i got rid of it pretty quickly. i had bought it to use handheld but IQ at the wider apertures were just a complete no go. i got a few good images with it but the amount of time in PP just ruled out much use.

roy
Old Mar 30, 2007, 2:17 PM   #12

robar wrote:
Quote:
the shot you have at f16 is best IMHO. i had one of those sigmas for a short while and found it so soft at below f11 that i got rid of it pretty quickly. i had bought it to use handheld but IQ at the wider apertures were just a complete no go. i got a few good images with it but the amount of time in PP just ruled out much use.
These are not the only shots I've taken with the lens, and this is far from my typical subject matter. In general I've gotten what I consider to be useable results, and All I've needed to do is my standard automated post processing (which consists largely of taking the raw images from the camera, and extrcting a thumbnail and a web-postable JPEG image).

The only really tricky part about this lens is that the focusing ring seems tobe looser than any manual focus lens I have ever used, and I am not always steady enough to hold it in focus on the subject while I press the shutter button.

Paul
pbender is offline   Reply With Quote