Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:01 PM   #11

more
Attached Images

Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:01 PM   #12

I've had good luck with the 50mm f/1.4 manual and autofocus lenses and a 50mm f/1.7 manual. I generally shoot at 400 or 800. I am anxious to shoot anotherconcert using my new Tamron 90mm f/2.8 to see how it performs.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:02 PM   #13

more
Attached Images

Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:02 PM   #14

last one that I resized
Attached Images

Old Feb 6, 2007, 2:45 PM   #15

Looks like you had a good time. Some of these are quite good - on others it looks like you had a bit of a problem focusing somewhere other than the person (like the one where the camera focused on the sound equipment behind). This type of photography is really hard and takes tons of practice to do perfectly, I think you've done quite well!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 3:07 PM   #16

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Looks like you had a good time. Some of these are quite good - on others it looks like you had a bit of a problem focusing somewhere other than the person (like the one where the camera focused on the sound equipment behind). This type of photography is really hard and takes tons of practice to do perfectly, I think you've done quite well!
Yeah, I noticed that once I threw them on my computer. It was a good time indeed. Security is pretty mellow at this pub, I didn't have a photo pass or anything, and one moved out of the way so I could get some shots. I think because I didn't have a P&S kind of gave me a lil more freedom. It was my first time trying this type of shooting, I'll get better with more practice. I want to get my hands on a Auto 50mm, I do love my manual, just hard to keep the focus with the manual when there's alot of movement.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 7:03 PM   #17

Hey Flaco, you probably already knew this but just in case, make sure you get an FA lens and not an A lens. A just means automatic, not auto-focus, so it'll do everything but focus automatically.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 9:11 PM   #18

Are there any other lenses you guys want to throw into the mix?? These are the ones that I had in mind.50mm 1.4 or 1.7,sigma 28-135 2.8, sigma 28-70 2.8.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:19 PM   #19

Flaco, I have the sigma 24-135 and unless your using it at 24mm (which its pretty soft at f2.8) the i would advice to look elsewhere. I hear good thingsabout the Tamron 28-75mm its a constant f2.8. Pretty expensive thought. I think the 50mm 1.4 or 1.7 is the best choice followed up by a fixed (inexpensive) 100 - 135mm f2.8. I found a Sears lens at a local camera shop for $45 and the lens rocks.

I think you already have some great shots. If your not already, I would shoot in RAW. So much more flexibility with the white balance after the shot (post processing).

Good luck and happy shooting.

Fred
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:23 PM   #20

Flaco wrote:
Quote:
I wanted to try RAW, but didn't. And also forgot to change my metering aswell. Hopefully when the cash comes in, I'll be ab;e to get my hands on a A50mm lens. Once I go thru my shots, I'll post up some of my shots. :-)
Not to mention it is EXTREMELY annoying to the artists ESPECIALLY from a range to be inveffective but still at least distracting, just be cause the person was to lazy to turn it off.

(And actulally Flassh active shots that are out of range usually come out worse than Flash Off shots.

Even with a P&S.... I always shot Flash OFF in those situations... motion might be an issues... but a flash whould just produce a too dark/back frame.

Except maybe of the back of the head of the person in front of me :roll:
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote