Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 6, 2007, 11:39 PM   #21

I myself like to go the no flash route on as many shots as possible. And since I'm a newb to concert shots, and always seen pgraphers at shows with the fancy externel flashes, I always assumed that it was needed. Most of the venues I go to small or medium size have pretty decent lighting to come away with nice shots if you have a fast lens. And even at big venus, they usually have the great stage lights, and a spot light shining down on the artist. So I think I will work on finding fastr auto focus lenses for now and get a flash later down the road if I ever want to take a shot at wedding pgraphing.

thanks for all the info peeps, please keep more info coming if you have it. This was my first time out with a dslr camera at a concert. So i still have some improving to do.

Fred one reason I was looking at the 28-135mm, was to also use that for my walk around lens. so i thought I would be able to kill 2 birds with one stone. I think I'll still go for that one for a vacation lens to save room. And also continue my search for a AF focus 50mm 1.4. Is there any where that has the AF 50mm 1.7 in stock?

Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 12:43 AM   #22

I don't think you should make AF an important issue. I use three different lenses for concerts, only one of them are AF (FA 50 mm 1.4). Even whit that one mounted I find I often use manual focus anyway. There are so many things on stage to confuse the camera (mic stands, cables, guitar necks...)

As far as I know, there is no 50 mm 1.7 in production, only the FA 50 mm 1.4. So for the F 1.7 it's e-bay or pure luck at the pawn shop.:-)

Or have a look at this one (dont forget to buy a lottery ticket) Drool, drool

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...;rd=1&rd=1

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:06 PM   #23

Only AF lens I have right now is my kit lens. All of my others are manual, which are the 28mm, 50mm, 135mm, and 2x conveter.

I didn't think there was a FA 50mm 1.7, I thought I had seen one on ebay, must have just been a misprint, or for the kmount.
Old Feb 7, 2007, 1:22 PM   #24

There was/is a F 1.7

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:42 PM   #25

Now I'm considering the sigma 24-70mm 2.8, 28-70mm 2.8, and the tamron 28-75mm 2.8...