Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:07 PM   #21

I didn't say mine was fixed, just that it had stopped doing what it had done. I am hoping it was just dirty lens contacts. :lol::lol::lol:

I can tell you now, that when your camera is not workng properly you don't just lose confidence in the camera but in yourself. :roll:

I am now super critical about checking my exposure now between shots, where as before I never looked and never had a problem. :|

Saw some lovely scenery this morning and will go back tomorrow morning to get some shots.

Due to some luggage weight restrictions flying into this country I had to leave behind most of my kit and therefore only running three lenses (28-70mm, f/2.8, 10-20mm f/4.5 and SMC-A 50mm f/1.7) and a 2 x TC, not even a flash :shock::shock::shock:

I will try send post some pics from this lovely country called Timor Leste when the UN hasn't got me running around like a headless chook. :homey:

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2007, 11:35 PM   #22

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
If it happens again I'd talk to Pentax - doesn't sound normal, even for a manual lens. I definitely feel for you!
Nor does it seem typical of the camera... may just be a defect.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2007, 11:11 PM   #23

I managed to get some shots with the 10-20mm lens this morning, both indoor with flash and outdoor and the camera is working perfectly. Now I need to go and use the 28-70mm f/2.8 lens and see if it is that lens causing the problem.

I might need ot buy a new lens, not sure whether to go ouch or Yippee!!! You know what they say "In for a penny in for a pound" Might have to buy another lens whilst I am at it..say that new 70-200 f/2.8 macro :lol::lol::lol:
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 12:05 AM   #24

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
You know what they say "In for a penny in for a pound" Might have to buy another lens whilst I am at it..say that new 70-200 f/2.8 macro :lol::lol::lol:
LOL! Sounds like a good enough reason to me - you just have to get that new lens to make sure your camera is working, don't you? That's not REALLY LBA at all - that's being proactive on your camera maintenance...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote