Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 7, 2007, 6:50 PM   #11

silverstone wrote:
Quote:
For some reason I always pictured Rogers 'camera wagon' as something akin to a Jeep Wagoneer or a 76 Suburban. I had no idea the 'wagon' was such a nice ride! Hopefully the jack worked ok in the snow.

As for camera gear, Roger deifinitely carries more than most: camera, flash, camera wagon, thermos, long underwear, auto club number...
silverstone, thank you for commenting and for looking.

The Jack no problem I put out a little cat litter put the jack on it and jacked up the camera wagon.

Your right about I carry a lot of stuff. I could be out stuck for many days and wouldn't be in any real danger. My emergency box is pretty full. I do go to some strange places far away from regular roads so I need to be ready to stay for a while if necessary.

My nice (fancy ride) ride. It only figures I would have a fancy ride I am a pretty fancy kind of guy. I got me 3 different kind of levis, out in the woods, work at the office and Dress. That pretty much covers everything for me.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 12:28 AM   #12

It's obvious that your flash is a whole lot better than the on-board flash - your pictures are much better than the bike under my Honda pictures.

Love your story, and I'm impressed that you got yourself out of that one. The last time I was in a ditch (I wasn't driving, my sister was), we called the auto club and they towed us out (what you get for spinning out on black ice when driving 50 mph in 2-Hi).

Well done all the way around - the pictures are excellent and the story is priceless!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 2:03 AM   #13

So is a winch a camera accessory? Great flash.
pagerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 7:14 AM   #14

Roger,

You kept your cool and got the shots. That's the important thing! Right! You'd get out eventually when the snow melted and you could change the tire. Of course, that might not be until April.:-) But, sounds like you would have been prepared.

Regarding calling AAA andditches. Doesn't always pay. In college I hit a spot of oil on the freeway and did 3 - 360º's back and forth across the 3 lanes of traffic and landed on the side of the road backwards by a ditch. (How do I know? A cop was on an overpass watching me. When he finally got to me he told me it was like a ballet watching me spin and be in the only lane that didn't have a semi. Someone was watching out for me!)

Anyway, he called AAA for me (this was 1970's - way, way pre-cell phones) and when the tow truck came he got stuck in the ditch. They had to call a two more tow trucks. One to get me and a second to get the first tow truck out.

It was one wild night!
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:59 AM   #15

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
It's obvious that your flash is a whole lot better than the on-board flash - your pictures are much better than the bike under my Honda pictures.

Love your story, and I'm impressed that you got yourself out of that one. The last time I was in a ditch (I wasn't driving, my sister was), we called the auto club and they towed us out (what you get for spinning out on black ice when driving 50 mph in 2-Hi).

Well done all the way around - the pictures are excellent and the story is priceless!
Good morning mtngal. It does look to me like this flash is going to work out just fine. I am going to play with it so the next time I have a better idea how to get a picture or two.

Just remember to keep your flash in your camera bag and your camera bag with you in case you end up in a ditch.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:01 AM   #16

pagerboy wrote:
Quote:
So is a winch a camera accessory? Great flash.
pagerboy, I have already talked to the local body shop guys about putting receivers on both the front and on the back with wiring so I can put my winch on either the front or the back. The only problem is a winch won't fit in my camera bag.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 8, 2007, 10:04 AM   #17

nhmom wrote:
Quote:
Roger,

You kept your cool and got the shots. That's the important thing! Right! You'd get out eventually when the snow melted and you could change the tire. Of course, that might not be until April.:-) But, sounds like you would have been prepared.

Regarding calling AAA andditches. Doesn't always pay. In college I hit a spot of oil on the freeway and did 3 - 360º's back and forth across the 3 lanes of traffic and landed on the side of the road backwards by a ditch. (How do I know? A cop was on an overpass watching me. When he finally got to me he told me it was like a ballet watching me spin and be in the only lane that didn't have a semi. Someone was watching out for me!)

Anyway, he called AAA for me (this was 1970's - way, way pre-cell phones) and when the tow truck came he got stuck in the ditch. They had to call a two more tow trucks. One to get me and a second to get the first tow truck out.

It was one wild night!
What a great story, you had one wild ride. You are right all turned out just fine got to test the flash and made it home just fine.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:39 PM   #18

thehotel wrote:
Quote:
The only problem is a winch won't fit in my camera bag.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
In your case Roger, I think the camera wagon qualifies as a 'secondary camera bag'.
silverstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:48 PM   #19

silverstone wrote:
Quote:
thehotel wrote:
Quote:
The only problem is a winch won't fit in my camera bag.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
In your case Roger, I think the camera wagon qualifies as a 'secondary camera bag'.
silverstone, Your description IMHO is correct. The camera wagon is just a large mobile camera bag.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:23 PM   #20

Great pictures Roger but I didn't see the picture of your Wife changing the tire!!!!!!
:-) Jim
tiger98 is offline   Reply With Quote