Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 8, 2007, 1:24 PM   #11

intence wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,

I didn't catch your shot in the earlier thread, but took a look at it this time around (since the 50mm f1.4 seems like such a great lens). Did you take that picture at Markville Mall? My memory is a bit fuzzy, but that's what it looks like
Yup,

You are familar with the mall?
Visiter from Texas?

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 11:05 AM   #12

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
intence wrote:
Quote:
Daniel,

I didn't catch your shot in the earlier thread, but took a look at it this time around (since the 50mm f1.4 seems like such a great lens). Did you take that picture at Markville Mall? My memory is a bit fuzzy, but that's what it looks like
Yup,

You are familar with the mall?
Visiter from Texas?

Daniel
We travel up to the Toronto area fairly often, family and friends up there

I just got my 50 f1.4, haven't had a chance to play with it much, but the ability to take flashless indoor shots at high ISO and wide open aperture is a big plus

intence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 4:47 AM   #13

My copy of FA 50 1.4 actually had some problems with focus and also with CA...I returned it ant took the 360FGZ flash instead. More than happy with it. In fact I did not find the lens useful in mixed lighting conditions indoors (my primary intention) and for those special portraits I have decided to buy a manual focus lens. But that is just my own experience. I guess we will just have to wait for the upcoming DA 55 :}
Verloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 7:50 AM   #14
TC3

Verloc wrote:
Quote:
My copy of FA 50 1.4 actually had some problems with focus and also with CA...I returned it ant took the 360FGZ flash instead. More than happy with it. In fact I did not find the lens useful in mixed lighting conditions indoors (my primary intention) and for those special portraits I have decided to buy a manual focus lens. But that is just my own experience. I guess we will just have to wait for the upcoming DA 55 :}
At F2 or larger there is CA but other than that the lens is brilliant. I also have the 360 flash and either use bounce flash or the FA 50 for indoor portraits and am personally very happy with the results.
TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote