Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 8, 2007, 9:46 PM   #1

Well, not really. A very, very frustrating story. The seller shipped the camera on Tuesday and I paid an exorbitant fee to have it sent 2nd day air to work. I checked my tracking a number several times today on the Fed Ex website, and the item arrived in MPLS this morning and then, apparently, sat there.

At 3:00, I called Fed Ex and the person there told me that it would still be delivered before 4:30. So, I waited and waited. At 4:15 I called Fed Ex again and was then told that there was "mechanical trouble" and that the camera hadn't made it to my local Fed Ex delivery depot. So, I asked when I could find out its status and was told that they would call me within the next two hours. Well, I had a class tonight, so I couldn't "hang around" and wait for their call.

The tracking site still said nothing about a delay, etc. I e-mailed a complaint to Fed Ex around 5:00 tonight and, three and a half hours later, still have not received anything from Fed Ex--not even a message that they have received my complaint.

I will never use Fed Ex again. It isn't that the camera is late, it is the lack of customer service in terms of notifying me of a delay, having an up to date tracking site and lack of response to my complaint. I've worked in the Quality Assurance field for over thirty years, and if I treated my customers this way, I'd be fired.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 8, 2007, 11:02 PM   #2

I'm sorry you are having such a tough time with Fedex. We use them all the time for work and I've never had a problem with them. But then, I've never had something go wrong, either. Hope it gets sorted out quickly - you'll love the K100 when you get it.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2007, 8:38 AM   #3

7:30 a.m., Friday February 9, 2007

Follow-up. The tracking site at Fed Ex is exactly the same as it was when I left work at 4:30 yesterday. I called Fed Ex this morning and they still can't tell me where the K100 is!!!!!

They were to call me last night by 6:30 p.m.--no call was received.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 9:10 AM   #4

I'm keeping my fingers resolved that they will make good on the camera - sure sounds like they might have lost a camera. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have your camera in your hands by the end of today.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:28 PM   #5

They claim it is out on a truck for delivery, so I guess we'll see.

No phone call as I was promised and absolutely no response to my formal complaints. What a way to run a railroad.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 12:59 PM   #6

Rick

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed for you. I picked up a K100d gently used a few weeks back. I like what i see so far. The only thing I miss is the Rubber eyecup.

Been Sick and have not really had a chance to play alot. But the pictures I have taken have been great in Both JPG and RAW

Phil

Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2007, 1:28 PM   #7

Thanx for your support. It is now 12:30 here and still no sign of a Fed Ex delivery truck.
Old Feb 9, 2007, 3:40 PM   #8

To give Fedex a break this time, the driver might have to go a whole bunch of places before he's in your area. I always have to laugh because most of the time on my way home, I pass a UPS truck just finishing his deliveries to our area (he's coming out when I'm going in). So it might be late. Make sure you post your first picture, even if it is only your coffee cup!