Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:17 AM   #11

I have eight 2500 mAh Texcus NiMh batteries. Crap. Theyseemed OK when new, but didn't last for long. After 10-15 charges, they won't hold charge for one day. Right from the charger they give me 20 to 50 shots.

I bought GP NiMh 2700 mAh. Hold charge for a month or more (shelf or in camera life), give me more than 500 shots. What a difference!

I use the same charger for both. Obviously, the brand does make a difference.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:47 AM   #12

I have the same Sanyo's that Harriet has and so far I've been very happy with them. They are 2500 NiMh's and were purchased from Costco w/charger. I'm not sure ifCostco carries them anymore. I liked them so much, I pitched all my other batteries and charger. I am curious to see how these new type batteries pan out though. I always carry a set of Everyready Lithiums in my bag, just in case. The Lithiumsdon't lose there charge and handle cold very well - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 10:54 PM   #13

robar wrote:
Quote:
i had 3 $5 off coupons and bought 3 sets for a total of 12.50usd. they tested
2 @ 1.300v
1 @ 1.301v
1 @ 1.302v
right out of the package they showed full in my DS. i haven't shot anything yet but will post results later.

roy
Just curious how dor you get 2, 1, & 1 to in any way add up to 3 individualy or in sets? :?
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:04 PM   #14

OK since no one directly answered my question... and thread muddied up by Sanyo and others cells....

Finally went to look at Rayovac's site.... and BOY did I have to DIG for the answer.... and likely why.... well better than rechargeable alkalines, but still just a 500 cycle max vs NiMH 1000.

Nice that they can be charged in a standard charger though.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:28 PM   #15

Something to consider about the better NiMh, namely Eneloop and Rayovac Hybrids: while they are lower capacities and have about the half life of regular NiMh, they will need to be recharged less and unless you shoot short intense sessions they will probably hold better.

For example, if you shoot 600 shots in one session a Duracell NiMh 2650mAh will be a good candidate. On the other hand if you shoot 600 shots within a month, Eneloop or Rayovac Hybrids might work better since they won't discharge as much. Not sure what is best for external flash thou.

Hard to compare or otherwise gauge but worth thinking about it.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 4:44 PM   #16

i went out and shot a little over 100 shots today. battery level finally went to 1/2 full. so far these have been in the camera since 2/12 straight out of the package and shot 534 shots and there are more to come. i'm really convinced.
Old Mar 9, 2007, 1:32 PM   #17

well, i'm up to 653 shots straight from the package and the batts have been installed for 3 weeks.
Old Mar 15, 2007, 11:25 AM   #18

still counting
Old Mar 15, 2007, 2:42 PM   #19

roy, those numbers are impressive! you've convinced me to get some of these and replace all my standard nimh batteries. now just to find them... the shelves are always empty for these at wal-mart and target.
ishino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 3:06 PM   #20

no go at home depot also.