Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 15, 2007, 8:32 PM   #1

I took this shot of an Elephant Ear plant during a light rain here in Central Florida. This is my first attempt at posting a photo and I hope I didn't mess up.

WOW, I got the photo posted thanks to the help from you good folks on this site. Let me know what you think of my first Pentax K10D photo. I'd like to hear either way, Good or Not.
Attached Images

Jay D is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2007, 8:36 PM   #2

Oh well, I see my post, but I don't see the photo. Hmmmmm.

OK, It's posted now. Thanks everyone for your help. It wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be, especially after your help.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 9:57 PM   #3

Jay D wrote:
Quote:
Oh well, I see my post, but I don't see the photo. Hmmmmm.
Try again so I can see the photo.

Thanks,

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:10 PM   #4

Roger,

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, just can't seem to get my photo posted.
I guess I can use some help :-)

Jay D
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:19 PM   #5

Jay D wrote:
Quote:
Roger,

I guess I can use some help :-)

Jay D
I put my photos in a folder on one of my web sites so it is available on the Internet. Then I click on the insert photo thingie and past the url address in it.

I hope this helps you

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:38 PM   #6

There are basically two ways to get your photo onto this site. You can upload it to the site here, but watch the file size (there's limitations as to how big the file can be, and its usually better to resize it to around 700 pixels wide). The other option is to upload it into a photo album somewhere else (what Roger does) then link to it here by clicking on the icon with the 3 balls (two blue, red on top). Here's a topic/guide to posting pictures on this forum: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2007, 10:41 PM   #7

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
There are basically two ways to get your photo onto this site. You can upload it to the site here, but watch the file size (there's limitations as to how big the file can be, and its usually better to resize it to around 700 pixels wide). The other option is to upload it into a photo album somewhere else (what Roger does) then link to it here by clicking on the icon with the 3 balls (two blue, red on top). Here's a topic/guide to posting pictures on this forum: http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...amp;forum_id=2
mtngal thanks for the information I saved the link and thanks for helping out Jay.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

Old Feb 16, 2007, 4:34 AM   #8

Jay D wrote:
Quote:
I guess I can use some help
1. Firstly, resize your image to a width of nominally 700 pixels - that way it fits on the screen for most users.

2. Save with a file size of less than 250kB.

3. Click on 'Browse' and select the image to be posted.

4. Then post - if it's too big, you'll have to reduse the file size

TIP - Take a copy of your text 'cause if Steve 'bounces' the post if it's too big, you'll loose your work.

Alternatively, use an image hosting site like http://www.imagesocket.com/and post your image, then copy the link to Display uploaded image(s) directly in your forum post(s) and paste into your message i.e.

Code:
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 6:37 PM   #9

Mtngal, Roger, Catbells,

Thanks for your all your help. I'll have to give it another try, but it will have to wait a bit, due to a family health issue I just found out about that I have to take care of.

As soon as I successfully post my first photo, I'll have others I'd like for you all to see. Hey, nothing like Roger's Bigma shots, but they are pretty interesting. You too Mtngal, you've posted some great shots that I wish I could say were mine

You all have been GREAT and I'm sure I'll get this picture thing worked out. I'm excited with the a K10D camera and can't wait for the new Pentax Lenses to be available.

I have to appologize to everyone who was looking for my first photo and didn't get to see anything. :-(

Jay D
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:30 PM   #10

Jay welcome to the world of posting photos. I do like your first one. Keep them coming.

TOTALLY WACKY roger