Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 19, 2007, 1:38 AM   #11

Trust me... when you are melting in your boots you wouldn't mind a few hours in minus 18 :lol::lol:

Somehow being soaked with sweat every working day is not all it is cracked up to be.

I won't be taking any pics fort a short while, I broke my K10 :shock::shock:, well it dropped out of the bag and hit the floor breaking the viewfinder glass , camera still works a treat and not a scratch on the body.

Sending it back for repair and getting family to send out my DL in the interim..:|:|
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 6:40 AM   #12

crash, what a shame. i'll bet you were close to being sick. let us know of your repair experience(hopefully good).

roy
Old Feb 19, 2007, 2:35 PM   #13

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I have heard many a complaint about the lack of ring flashes for Pentax and many posts about how to make your own, well I found this on ebay, do a search for....

Tiffen Macro Ring Light Flash for Pentax *ist DL DS DS2If your interested, find a seller on ebay and enjoy

(I have no connection to any of the sellers or Tiffen or ebay, or anything to do with anything, unless it is something good in which case it was all my idea and noone elses.) :G:G

Crash
There is no ring flash from Pentax nor any third party with p-tll yet. It is not a big deal by finetuning it with EV adjustment. But whatever I have is my partial solution - not even a ring flash. Cheap, unobstrusive and quick to set up.

Jerry, another Pentaxian took this pict of my cheapo flash card which is quite suitable for macro shots

Daniel

danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2007, 6:28 PM   #14

I have noticed that Sigma4less has been advertising the Sigma EM-140 DG TTL Macro Ringlight Flash for Pentax AF with P-TTL Operation but it shows "Call for availability." Does this mean it does not actually exist for the P-TTL Pentax? If it is not out yet, perhaps it is coming.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 9:20 AM   #15

Daniel, what is that "cheapo bounce card" made of? Looks like some kind of thick white plastic...?
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:34 PM   #16

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
Daniel, what is that "cheapo bounce card" made of? Looks like some kind of thick white plastic...?
It is part of a white plastic box cut and bent like that.
I velcroed that white plastic piece to the back of the flash. If the ceiling is white and low enough, I use bounce flash. If not , I stick that bounce card onto my flash for indoor or macro shots. I hardly have any harsh flash shadow at all

Daniel

Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:58 PM   #17

That's nice... I just ordered a Sto-Fen OmniBounce and if I don't like how it works... I might try that, It looks like it would do the same thing as a Lumiquest PocketBounce
inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2007, 7:23 PM   #18

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:
That's nice... I just ordered a Sto-Fen OmniBounce and if I don't like how it works... I might try that, It looks like it would do the same thing as a Lumiquest PocketBounce
That costs nothing and there is no harm in trying.

Daniel , Toronto
Old Feb 25, 2007, 6:11 PM   #19

I think this link may be useful for some DIY project of a bounce card

http://www.jr-worldwi.de/photo/index...technique.html

I stick the card (velcros) to the back of my AF360 . The card is readily detachable for use of direct flash if needed.

Daniel, Toronto
Old Mar 7, 2007, 3:36 AM   #20

inneyeseakay wrote:
Quote:

http://nedbunnell.blogspot.com/2007/...540-flash.html

This is an actual example of the Sto Fen from a pro within Pentax. I do not like that with shadow - not harsh but they are there.
I had the same idea when I was using Sto Fen for my Canon 420 flash
This macro shot (all following that ) with my bounce card had no shadow at all

http://www.pbase.com/danieltong/image/74255212

Daniel