Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:46 AM   #1

I have heard many a complaint about the lack of ring flashes for Pentax and many posts about how to make your own, well I found this on ebay, do a search for....

Tiffen Macro Ring Light Flash for Pentax *ist DL DS DS2If your interested, find a seller on ebay and enjoy

(I have no connection to any of the sellers or Tiffen or ebay, or anything to do with anything, unless it is something good in which case it was all my idea and noone elses.) :G:G

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:43 PM   #2

hi crash,
where are you??
i've got a ring flash and a LED ringlight. both take great images but to me the images are just too flat. a ring light that allows you to turn off one side of the ring may be better but i'm sticking to my off camera rig.

or

roy

Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:17 PM   #3

NO...... not in TTL or p-TTL........... just (quote) Manual Full Power/ Manual (1/3rd power)/Sensor..............
Most people want TTL for D and DS and p-TTL for DL and K series...............which apparently this flash lacks. It is probably useable, but I'd have a hard time paying that price.
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:34 PM   #4

my ringflash is manual with 3 intensities. once you do some tests you learn what EV to shoot at.

roy
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:05 AM   #5

And there are cheaper (though more manual necessitating) ring flashes as well.

But one reason beside not being reall into it 1:1 macro you have to be right ontop of the subject (try that with a butter fly) and requiring a ring flash.

1:2 for say the SIGMA 70-300 and shot from several feet... much more workable/practical for living/spooked subjects.... and not that much worse res.... shot fine with built in flash if necessary.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 7:52 AM   #6

roy if you tell me that you can handhold this thing I want your hands . I have trouble handholding this lens with only one external flash

greg
gfurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:22 AM   #7

gfurm wrote:
Quote:
roy if you tell me that you can handhold this thing I want your hands . I have trouble handholding this lens with only one external flash

greg
greg, it's handholdable but a place for an elbow is wonderful. spring is around the corner. maybe it'll get some use soon.

roy
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:31 PM   #8

I was working on the fact that I don't think there is a P-TTL ring flash at all and this didn't seem to expensive.

Roy, I left the Solomon Islands a month ago, I am now in Timor Leste (East Timor) so Bon Dia Senhor Roy.

Working for the UN is an experience and one that takes some time by the look of it.

Not getting much opportunity to shoot outside, mainly snapshots of co-workers and without my external flash, pretty crappy snapshots .

I did get some shots the other morning on the way to work, but have not had time to vet them and re-size for posting.

Got this shot the fist week here when checking out my patrol area. Shot from on top of the cliff where the road was overlooking the beach.
Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2007, 8:14 AM   #9

nice shot crash. i've fished like that in the gulf before. not sure if i'd want to be either guy that's inside the net as we always pulled in at least one shark.

roy
Old Feb 18, 2007, 8:57 PM   #10

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
I was working on the fact that I don't think there is a P-TTL ring flash at all and this didn't seem to expensive.

Roy, I left the Solomon Islands a month ago, I am now in Timor Leste (East Timor) so Bon Dia Senhor Roy.

Working for the UN is an experience and one that takes some time by the look of it.

Not getting much opportunity to shoot outside, mainly snapshots of co-workers and without my external flash, pretty crappy snapshots .*

I did get some shots the other morning on the way to work, but have not had time to vet them and re-size for posting.

Got this shot the fist week here when checking out my patrol area.* Shot from on top of the cliff where the road was overlooking the beach.
Well Crash,

Nice shots.

We pity you that you are having a tough time working for the UN in East Timor taking pict of fishman. We are enjoying our cosy breeze of 18 Deg C. Well minus.

Daniel, Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote