Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:42 PM   #21

Pic #2, City of Sedona
Attached Images

nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:49 PM   #22

A wonderful View. I get to Sedona about once a week. My best friend lives down that way and the drive couldn't be anymore beautiful. (however 89A is closed through Oak Creek Canyon no because the road is slipping off the hillside at the switchback) Here is a couple of shots from Sedona.
Attached Images

mountainmandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2007, 11:54 PM   #23

One from Schnebly Hill. The sunset this day was gorgeous, but my batteries died. So I had to settle for this shot.
Attached Images

Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:08 AM   #24

nznhut... What part of Utah are you from? I absolutely love photographing the scenes in Utah, especially Southern utah and around Moab and Arches NP. Arches has got to be one of my favorite. I've been there a couple of times and still have not got a shot of Delicate Arch. My last trip there I was moving from Ohio to Arizona and had my cat in the car with me and I couldn't leave her in the hot sun, nor was I aloud to take her on the trail with me. My loss. I just took a weekend trip to Zion National Park. I have some pictures posted on my personal website. http://www.davemcghee.com/Gallery.html I love living in the Southwest, it's the best place to hone your landscape photography skills. Even though I've been shooting for for about 15 years, I still have a lot to learn. Nice pictures though...
Old Feb 20, 2007, 1:46 AM   #25

Great shots, one and all.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 7:19 AM   #26

mountainmandave wrote:
Quote:
nznhut... What part of Utah are you from? I absolutely love photographing the scenes in Utah, especially Southern utah and around Moab and Arches NP. Arches has got to be one of my favorite. I've been there a couple of times and still have not got a shot of Delicate Arch. My last trip there I was moving from Ohio to Arizona and had my cat in the car with me and I couldn't leave her in the hot sun, nor was I aloud to take her on the trail with me. My loss. I just took a weekend trip to Zion National Park. I have some pictures posted on my personal website. http://www.davemcghee.com/Gallery.html I love living in the Southwest, it's the best place to hone your landscape photography skills. Even though I've been shooting for for about 15 years, I still have a lot to learn. Nice pictures though...
Amen to al you have said about shooting in S. Utah. I actually live in a suburb of Salt Lake, but have a younger brother who lives in Monticello, smack dab in the middle of some gorgeous country - Monument Valley to the southwest, Canyonlands just a little north, Arches a little north, Mesa Verde (Colorado) just east, and some gorgeous country in the 4 corners area - Shiprock, Canyon de Chelly, others. I also love that whole area.

I looked at your gallery, and you have some great ones there. I too have a lot to learn.
When you get a chance, you can also look at some of my offerings:
http://www.imageevent.com/mduke
Go to the Landscape Section and the Creative section for some offerings from the area.

Mark
nznhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 12:30 PM   #27

Lovely shots. The Zen is a very nice performer. Well worth every penny. What I like is infinity from about 4 feet in front of you....cheers....Don
thekman620 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2007, 11:28 PM   #28

Mark,

Checked out your site. I'm very impressed with your work. You have a good variety of some wonderful shots. I really enjoyed your creative shots. The HDR shots are perfect and the black and white mountain and scary clouds are just creative. It was cool seeing someone else's point of view at so many of the places I have been in the past few years. Bryce Canyon, Monument Valley, generally the Southwest period. Thanks for sharing your work.

~dave