Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 24, 2007, 5:42 PM   #1

are they any good??
are there different grades?
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:27 PM   #2

I've never seen them or used them. I wonder if they are going to be made by Hoya from now on (or if they've always been). Anyone used them - today convinced me to look for a 77mm circular polarizer.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 8:32 PM   #3

harriet,
i highly recommend
http://www.camerafilters.com/pages/cg.aspx

roy
Old Feb 25, 2007, 2:52 AM   #4

robar wrote:
Quote:
are they any good??
are there different grades?
You really think they make them.... certainly seems to be plenty on their plate right now without worrying about items that trivial.

Of course rather than who makes them puts thiers on, but stamps PENTAX on them, then P can sell them to you for 2-3x more.

Got reminded of that lesson today looking for a replacement lens cap I accidentally dropped off a pier.....

Want it to say PENTAX/Canon/Nikon on it $12 plus shipping... just a same functionality generic cap $5 for 2 and $1.50 shipping.

You want a filter buy it from a filter company not a camera company relabeling someone elses stuff.

At best they make Cameras and Lenses..... batteries, caps, filters, etc are all someone elses remarketed and marked up.

Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:52 AM   #5

if you're paying $5 for 2 generic caps then i feel sorry for you.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 11:57 PM   #6

That's shipped. The only non tourist rip off Camerra Store in town is a Ritz/Wolf.... $4 there for 1 plus tax.
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:08 PM   #7

http://www.camerafilters.com/pages/cg.aspx
Old Feb 27, 2007, 12:33 AM   #8

Yeah sure $1 but $4 shipping for ONE....

vs $5.50 including shipping for TWO.... you do the math!!!!

Let alone an item that can be stuck in a (sightly fat vs flat) envelope for 48 cents vs 39... and sure yes the bubble padded envelope is about a buck too.... but FOUR BUCK postal cost for ONE... you gotta be kidding!!!! :?

Again where I got the TWO from.... $1.50 SHIPPING literally COST of envelope and the 48 cents shipping..... again just do the END cost math

And (your place) they mightt do 2 for the same postage (VS DOUBLING IT as is mor often than not done) but would still be $6 INSTEAND OF $5 and small change (like a quarter... and again for TWO not ONE)

PS and EBAYERS do this a lot too.... 99 cent starting bid (on a low cost item) and may not go fo a lot more but $10 shipping for few or less ounce item?????
Attached Images