Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 24, 2007, 6:40 PM   #1

Is Steve ever going to review the Pentax K10D and the Samsung GX10?

Thoughts anyone?

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:35 PM   #2

I have been looking forward to a review of the K10D by Steve as well. Hopefully it gets reviewed soon!
Falcor200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2007, 7:51 PM   #3

In January he said that he hadn't managed to get one yet (Pentax having supply problems). Sure hope they ship him one for review - I'd be very interested in his take on the camera (once he gets his hands on one!).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 1:30 AM   #4

PM'd him last week about this and he said was supposed to be up beginingg of past week.

One day I guess... maybe when a new model about to replace it? :?
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 4:23 AM   #5

Does it really matter - reviews seldom seem to be consistent.

If he says it's rubbish (which I doubt) then all the K10D owners/supporters jump to it's defence whereas through the auspices of this forum, you'll get a 'hands on' view from the many users that subscribe here which, IMHO, is a fairer assessment.
Catbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2007, 4:33 AM   #6

No actually I would only be interested in his take on so far the ONLY real criticism I've heard of the 10D.... that being very slight JPG technicality issues.

Personally going from 6MP to 10MP that crop latitude (or full image res) more than makes up for it.... certainly just as good really better than my old orig Rebel 300D.

And the other things the camera is capable of if you play or read the manual end to end... and then still play to see reality (aka http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=80) .... is quite astounding.... and that is but one thing many might over look.... as I did for a month or so until there was sufficient play time.
Old Feb 25, 2007, 8:17 AM   #7

Catbells wrote:
Quote:
Does it really matter - reviews seldom seem to be consistent.

If he says it's rubbish (which I doubt) then all the K10D owners/supporters jump to it's defence whereas through the auspices of this forum, you'll get a 'hands on' view from the many users that subscribe here which, IMHO, is a fairer assessment.
The only reason I would like to reads Steve's review, is because the reviews of his I have read, all seem to be totally impartial with regard to brand.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 9:28 PM   #8

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
PM'd him last week about this and he said was supposed to be up beginingg of past week.

I wonder ifthat meansthe review isalready written but they have not had time to put it on the site yet?Or if it means the review was supposed to be done last week but they never got the camera from Pentaxso they could not review it?
Falcor200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:16 PM   #9

Or maybe not offending the obvious FANATICS here (I am one of).... one of the most active SLR forums.

But again what Steve does so well.... critsizing without slamming....

Is the K10D the most perfect camera ever made no.... nor is even the now just rumored Canon MarK 1 x3(version).... there is always room for improvement... and cost effectiveness.

Its all what you need... but for the we don't need every more costly than camera lens on earth (and 50 years of manual lenses if you want to go there...many optically beter than current AF for the Pentax).... the 10D with its (and darn decent) internal IS is a wonderful compromise and HUNDREDS LESS than its C and N competition.... you have to over and over $$$$ again just slightly better per lens IS.

Old Feb 27, 2007, 6:41 PM   #10

As Hayward mentioned, he PM'd Steve last week and the review should be up soon. I'm sure it won't make a difference to those of us that couldn't wait and have already made the purchase, but it will be very interesting to see what he thinks. Steve has always been impartial, so I feel comfortable that we'll all get his honest opionion as always, and very soon I hope. :-)
Jay D is offline   Reply With Quote