Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:41 PM   #11

Did you take the ceiling bounce shots with the white reflector out? I have been trying to get balanced flash lighting with my af360fgz. -jon
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:57 PM   #12

jabilson007 wrote:
Quote:
Did you take the ceiling bounce shots with the white reflector out? I have been trying to get balanced flash lighting with my af360fgz. -jon
I am not sure about which one are you talking about: the wide-angle or the catchlight panel?

I think I tried a couple of times with the catchlight panel out expecting some extra light on the eyes but I did not notice to make a difference at least at the distance and focal length I tried. I cannot remember if I used it in the shots above; maybe for some of them.

540 FGZ is a bit too much for a newbie. But it leaves room for growth.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:32 PM   #13

great fun shots. i agree that she needs a web spot. try picassa or zoto, both free.

roy
Old Feb 28, 2007, 2:46 PM   #14

robar wrote:
Quote:
great fun shots. i agree that she needs a web spot. try picassa or zoto, both free.

roy
Thanks, but I will wait until she can download and resize by herself:-)

She is almost on the same level with my wife on using the P&S: turn on/off, switch play/record, press the shutter but a bit weak on handling the zoom lever:-)

I had her try a shot with my K100D and a Canonite friend tells me she is already better than me at focusing. Have no idea what he's smoking:-)

Old Feb 28, 2007, 6:31 PM   #15

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Lovely pictures of your daughter. It is great that she is showing some interest at this age. I sent you a private message...would appreciate it if you could take a look and respond. Thanks...Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:07 PM   #16

I was referring to the catchlight panel. To me it looks as though only the first one had it up. I have only noticed a difference when shooting within approx. 4-8 feet using the panel.
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 4:24 PM   #17

jabilson007 wrote:
Quote:
I was referring to the catchlight panel. To me it looks as though only the first one had it up. I have only noticed a difference when shooting within approx. 4-8 feet using the panel.
That it quite possible. I take some of the stuff I said about catchlight effectiveness back: last night I played a bit and it seems to make a difference. Well, at the next party I will find out how it translates in practice.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 5:04 PM   #18

A real fun series. #2 is yelling for a frame and a special spot on the wall.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote