Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 26, 2007, 10:11 AM   #1

I feel like a little kid! Too bad I already have a k100d.. but http://xpbargains.com/jump.php?click...amp;arg=163169

that's 850 bucks for the k10 d with the 18-50 mm kit lens! that's really low price!
johnyeros is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2007, 11:49 AM   #2

If you're a AAA member, you can get a 10% coupon for CC as well, brining the price down another $85, down to around $765! Man, at that price, even I might consider going without a camera for another month to save up for a K10D.
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 3:03 PM   #3

says 950 here.

roy
Old Feb 26, 2007, 4:25 PM   #4

Like Roy, I see $949 listed as the price - and as far as I can tell, Circuit City does NOT sell the K10D body only (which should be $75 less, or better). $950 is a good price but not spectacular and I have not had the best of luck with Circuit City. $1000 seems to be the general street price. Amazon's got it listed for $969.

Will
Polytrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2007, 6:12 PM   #5

since i can't purchase till summer or late spring i'm hoping the price will be better then. my problem is going to be how to keep the DS as a backup and TTL camera.

roy
Old Feb 27, 2007, 8:22 AM   #6

Unless the people just jumping the C & N "high priced spread" but not big glass investment trend keeps continuing.... and they have more demand than supply.

Being in the unfortunate postion of having my first K10D stolen.... just in the month since release.... price everywhere (reliable non gray) was very near list, where as just post release a month easrlier got a much better deal.

Hopefully they have seen what has happened while C & N have been dozing.... and will ramp up production.

Actually I think it came as much as a shock to Pentax as it did to camera review pundents for BOTH the K100D and then as high demand K10D for those aready with a 6MP DSLR but waiting and C&N were both lazily really doing nothing inovative.... except at the very top end.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote