Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:32 AM   #1

Howdy everyone, been busy being busy :lol:

So far I managed to get some shots with my K10D before a mysterious underexposure problem, which seems to have been dirty lens contacts and then I dropped my K10D :shock:, well actually it fell out of the cupboard...dont ask!!

So it is off being fixed and I am waiting patiently for my DL to arrive in country. :|

I managed to get some pics in before trajedy struck.

Transport around this place is hectic, like no traffic rules or traffic enforcement, motorcycles and microlets (mini buses) are the primary form of transport, driver's licence is optional :?:? Ability to actually control your vehicle is subjective.

Enjoy.

Attached Images

Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:35 AM   #2

The best I have seen so far is 5 on one bike with the youngest looking to be about 3 months old. I can't wait to get my camera back so I can get some more shots.
Attached Images

Old Feb 27, 2007, 3:35 AM   #3

The Microlets must have modified suspensions to stay vertical with all that load hanging out the side ALL the time AND reinforced roofs to take the extra weight. :blah:

Attached Images

Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:29 AM   #4

OPPS post delay/retry hiccup double post.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2007, 4:32 AM   #5

Crashman wrote:
Quote:
Howdy everyone, been busy being busy :lol:

So far I managed to get some shots with my K10D before a mysterious underexposure problem
Depending what mode you are in and how the dials are set to function.... you may have inadvertantly EV compensated without meaning to. (In my experience P mode)

Be sure looking in the VF.... that the EV scale is centered , unless you mean it not to be. (By default that is rear dial you may have turned meaning to do something else.)
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 12:17 AM   #6

Neat pictures - love the motorbike pictures. Somehow I can't imagine 5 people on one, even if one is in a papoose. Doesn't sound like a place to have a rental car, though...
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 1:52 AM   #7

Hayward, no, it was definately the lens contacts, when I swapped lenses it stopped, cleaned the les contacts and back in business.

Mtngal, no renting here would be scary, luckily I have a vehicle provided, have already had a motocycle collide into the back of me, no injuries thank goodness.

Crash
Old Feb 28, 2007, 8:01 AM   #8

I have a funny story from Thai transportation. We lived inthe small city of Udorn in Northeast Thailand and I noticed a lot of middle and highschool kids riding scooters to school. They easily would get 3 or 4 kids on one. So I asked one of the school teachers I knew about the driving age. He said it was 18. So I asked him how these kids, who were obviously not yet 18, could get a license to drive a scooter? His response was, "If your 18 you need a license, if your not 18 you don't!"

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2007, 5:36 PM   #9

Hi Crash, that looks like a nice bit of Ocean to cool off in at the end of the day..... Take it you've finished in the Solomon's? Did you get to Uepi? We got over to WA for a week before leaving Oz. Unfortunately no surf at Cottesloe so drowned our sorrows at Little Creatures :-). Now in Switzerland where mountains and snow have replaced sun, sea and surf....
bobinoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1, 2007, 6:49 PM   #10

It is not all busy roads and bikes, the countryside is gorgeous.
Attached Images