Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:20 PM   #11

Rickst wrote:
Quote:
I didn't even try to get to work today--the winds are pretty high and we are in a blizzard warning. I have to go 18 miles on county roads that have no wind breaks, so it would be foolish to even try to travel. By the time you reach my age, you realize getting stuck in a snowstrorm trying to get to work just isn't worth it.
Some guys get all the fun...

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:04 PM   #12

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

Re. photo no. 3....decorating early for Christmas???:-)
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 1:42 PM   #13

In Minnesota, you put your lights up before Thanksgiving and you take 'em down when spring arrives. It's usually too cold and snowy after Christmas to get up on a ladder to take them down.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:11 PM   #14

Rickst wrote:
Quote:
In Minnesota, you put your lights up before Thanksgiving and you take 'em down when spring arrives. It's usually too cold and snowy after Christmas to get up on a ladder to take them down.
Something to add: spring in MN is a 2 week season sometime in May:-)
You wake up one day and it is summer already (80F outside). I vividly remember one Saturday morning when a heat wave hit and the roads where still covered in sand as if a sand storm.

Even by early June one could see dirt covered piles of snow (partly explains why they last so long) in parking lots. It is all gone by 4th of July thou:-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:28 PM   #15

Rickst wrote:
Quote:
I got mine down durring that heat wave in January. You know, before we spent the whole month of Feb below zero.....:-)
Basement Shows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 3:48 PM   #16

Rick

I think we got Your Storm, except we had a warm front Move in overtop and ended up With Wind blown rain 2" Worth. Lots of Flooding. I cannot Imagine how Much Snow we Would have had with this Storm
But like Tom said the weekend Is Supposed to Be great, Sunny and lower 50s. I'm getting the hint that Spring Will Be here soon. But as the saying goes here in the NE "If you Dont like the weather, wait a minute it Will change"

Phil
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 3:52 PM   #17

Hi Tom,

Well the weekend may look good by you, But up here in the U.P of Michigan(The 51st State) they are forcasting Snow til Wed.....

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 4:00 PM   #18

Our weekend is supposed to be nicer, too. No snow forecast, and highs in the 20s.

January and February are basketball tournament time for us so, even though there was some warmer weather in January, we usually weren't home before dark on weekends.
Rickst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 4:06 PM   #19

Hi,

Well if you would like to have some more snow we can arrange to have it BLOWN BACK to you...... LOL!!!!

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote