Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:09 PM   #1

I've read all the types of batteries that are compatible with the K100d, but need some advice. I bought a set of rechargeable AA's (2500 mAh) and they really don't seem to last that long (maybe 70 shots?). What are you all using? I don't want to end up spending the same on batteries that I spent on the camera (over the life of it). I'd prefer to get something rechargeable.

Second question - Does anybody use a cover for the lcd screen? If so, please send me some suggestions of where I can get some sort of cover/protector for mine.

thanks
George
atroskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:16 PM   #2

They should last much longer. Make sure they are fully charged. What brand are they?
I have some Sony NiMh 2500 and they last for far more shots. NiMh have a tendency to discharge in time even if not used. I also use Sanyo Eneloop 2100mAh which are even greater.

For the LCD, I use some Delkin transparent sheets that I use for PDA, and cell phone as well. Just cut them to size.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 12:26 PM   #3

I have eight 2500 mAh Texcus NiMh batteries. Crap. Theyseemed OK when new, but didn't last for long. After 10-15 charges, they won't hold charge for one day. Right from the charger they give me 20 to 50 shots.

I bought GP NiMh 2700 mAh. Hold charge for a month or more (shelf or in camera life), give me more than 500 shots. What a difference!

I use the same charger for both. Obviously, the brand does make a difference.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:06 PM   #4

yeah I bought a set of 4 generics off ebay (including the charger). They are 2700 mah.

I think I will purchase a "name brand" instead as they will last longer. Do you guys buy online or is it better to buy from the store?

I'll look between rayovac, duracel, and energizer. Any suggestions?

thanks
atroskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 2:45 PM   #5

atroskie wrote:
Quote:
yeah I bought a set of 4 generics off ebay (including the charger). They are 2700 mah.

I think I will purchase a "name brand" instead as they will last longer. Do you guys buy online or is it better to buy from the store?

I'll look between rayovac, duracel, and energizer. Any suggestions?

thanks
I bought Duracell NiMh 2650mAh from Walmart, 8 for $16 or so. Or try Rayovac Hybrids at Walmart as well which are similar with Sanyo Eneloop. Check the other thread for more info on these.
As long as they are a good brand it should not matter where you get them from.
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 3:17 PM   #6

I did a moderate amount of research on batteries before even buying the camera. I ended up getting the Sanyo Eneloops and am quite happy that I did. I could easily get several hundred shots over the course of a few weeks without losing charge. I haven't found out how many total I can get because I've only ever seen the battery meter go down to half before I recharged them. I use the LCD a lot, but I rarely use the flash and most of my lenses are manual focus, so your mileage may vary.
Corpsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 4:16 PM   #7

Hi George,

I have an ist D and I use Energizers 2500mah. I get good life between charges. With the way the weather has been I can let mine go a week of none use and still show full charge.

I have two sets of four that I alternate use of. I am looking at the RayOVacs now to see if they might be even better. I am using a Vanco charger which is almost four years old.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote