Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:11 PM   #1

Just curious-not trying to start anything or offend anyone. Why are there sooo many photos in this forum compared to the other DSLR forums?
nick1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:16 PM   #2
TDN

because most of us don't post them in the "post your photos" forum I think
TDN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2007, 8:25 PM   #3

nick1946 wrote:
Quote:
Just curious-not trying to start anything or offend anyone.* Why are there sooo many photos in this forum compared to the other DSLR forums?
The main reason being that this forum does allow uploading of pict of 250K size. Other forums usu require you to upload to other site.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 12:25 AM   #4

nick1946 wrote:
Quote:
Just curious-not trying to start anything or offend anyone. Why are there sooo many photos in this forum compared to the other DSLR forums?
If you just mean the Pentax one, then probably because we are a friendly bunch who like sharing our pics, and giving and receiving comments on them.

Some forums require you to have particular kit and sneer if you don't.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 5:40 PM   #5

It's one thing for me to say "such and such a lens is really nice" but that's relative, and what I think is acceptable might not be acceptable to you (or the other way around). It's really nice to see what different people take with the same lens - I often find that more informative than what reviewers say. If Kjell has success with a particular lens, I might also. Or if Roy didn't like a lens, I might not too. If I were to get the 50-500 Sigma lens and had trouble with it, it would because of me and my limited photo taking skills, not because of the lens - all I have to do is look at Roger's pictures to know where the limitations lie. Besides, we've all become friends and its nice to have feedback from your friends.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 6:03 PM   #6

I would say this FORUM is like a family. We all use each others talents to up-grade our own talents. If I am discussing a certain lens and don't post photos, how is my family going to help me or learn from me. What I have found that has been very helpful is the tips available for certain ways of getting photographs and I can figure what they are talking about when I see the photo.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 6:08 PM   #7

Personally I have found that images I have posted in the "Image" forums here at Steve's-Digicams tend to be ignored. With the exception of a small number of very helpful members I tend to get no feedback. Here I get comments on every image, and suggestions on things such as lens choice (since we are all Pentax/Samsung users). Since Nikon and Canon owners far outnumber us we cannot get this sort of feedback in a general forum where we fall through the cracks.

It also seems that, for now at least, ours is the most active owners group here. Once the fascination with new models and lenses stops (...yeah right...) things will calm down again. The downside of this is that we are, admittedly, a rather closed group, however there are some relationships forming here that are as close to real friendships as you can get through an electronic medium (no I do not mean internet romance, I mean real "How are you getting on today?" friendships.

Sometimes (this is not a slur on other systems) there are a few who will look down their noses at you because you are not shooting C***n or N***n, they are few in number but can be somewhat narrow minded (probably overcompensating in equipment for what they lack in skill). This is rare but it does occur.

I will continue to post my better work in these other forums and hope others will as well. We do need to get more feedback from the community at large rather than just our 'hood.

Ira
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:38 PM   #8

well said ira. remember a couple of years ago when this forum was struggling?? i thought then that it would never get going. man was i wrong..

roger, it's a good thing we post images as with you're limited education and inability to read good it's just a good thing.. hehe

roy
Old Mar 3, 2007, 9:48 PM   #9

robar wrote:
Quote:
well said ira. remember a couple of years ago when this forum was struggling?? i thought then that it would never get going. man was i wrong..

roger, it's a good thing we post images as with you're limited education and inability to read good it's just a good thing.. hehe

roy
Roy you are so right. With out the images I would be lost all the time instead of just most of the time.

Remember 1 image is worth a hour of trying to read what the image shows right away.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:54 PM   #10

thehotel wrote:
Quote:
robar wrote:
Quote:

roy
Roy you are so right. With out the images I would be lost all the time instead of just most of the time.

Remember 1 image is worth a hour of trying to read what the image shows right away.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
LOL :blah: