Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:31 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Sigma 50-500 BIF Practice

While I was in Reno I had a couple of hours of free time so instead of going and playing at the casino I went out to a city park to test the BIGMA with in flight photos. While there I noticed planes landing and taking off from the airport so I went to a couple of roads closer to the airport to practice on planes. A few plane photos later.

Here are a couple of BIF's with the BIGMA. No question about it I need some more practice but I do believe it is going to work out just fine. I tried the lens with and without my binocular harness and no question about it with the harness works much better.



There is always at least one loud mouth in every group????





TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 3, 2007, 10:55 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 127
Default

Hi Roger I too have been practicing with see gulls for panning. Can you tell me if there is a difference in the bigggma and the 50-500mm apo ex non dg.

BTW these shots are good as always
87olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 9:41 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

87olds wrote:
Quote:
Hi Roger I too have been practicing with see gulls for panning. Can you tell me if there is a difference in the bigggma and the 50-500mm apo ex non dg.

BTW these shots are good as always
87olds good morning to you. Sorry I have no idea what the difference is in the two of them. Thanks for the kind words and for looking.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 2:07 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Hayward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,318
Default

thehotel wrote:
Quote:
I tried the lens with and without my binocular harness and no question about it with the harness works much better.
Yeah that's a big hunk 'o glass to free hold.... almost 4 lbs as I recall plus cam weight.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2007, 2:11 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
WackyRoger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Chama, New Mexico
Posts: 6,206
Default

Hayward wrote:
Quote:
thehotel wrote:
Quote:
I tried the lens with and without my binocular harness and no question about it with the harness works much better.
Yeah that's a big hunk 'o glass to free hold.... almost 4 lbs as I recall plus cam weight.
Hi Hayward, it is pretty heavy but for me the harness makes it much easier.

TOTALLY WACKY roger
WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:52 PM.