Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 6, 2007, 7:43 PM   #11

I've had my K100 since early August. A few months after I'd had it, it locked up on me. Don't remember exactly what I was shooting. I did the same thing, turned off and on, but nothing. Finally took the batteries out and put them back in. Problem solved. It wasn't too long after that I needed to replace the batteries.

A few months after that it happened again. Again, took batteries out and back in and it worked. And, again, within a short time I had to replace the batteries. I have only ever used CRV3's in it because I can't decide which battery charger I want to buy. Every time I pick one, I hear a horror story about it.

My card is aProMax ATP Super High Speed 1 GB, if that makes any difference.

See if it continues with fresh batteries.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2007, 11:55 PM   #12

nhmom, did you happen to notice if your "estimated pictures left" on the LCD indicator on the top of the camera body was blinking?
Contriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:10 AM   #13

That sound you hear could also be the image stabilization. I can hear it in mine too. The next time you hear it try turning off the Shake Reduction and see if it goes away. I kinda like hearing it....that way I know it's working.
gadgetnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 7:41 PM   #14

Contriver, I couldn't swear to it as it's been a few months since it happened. But, I think it was. Seems that was what was making me nervous. It wasn't just sitting there doing nothing.
nhmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:06 PM   #15

Thanks for the info nhmom. Hmmm, well I haven't been able to reproduce the problem yet and I've taken another 600+ test pictures. I think I'll give it until Monday to decide wether I'll attempt to exchange the camera or not.
Contriver is offline   Reply With Quote