Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 7, 2007, 1:09 AM   #1

Info in topic is incorrect, sorry.

Someone posted a link to the Pentax roadmap again in another forum, but something caught my eye that I never noticed before.

Seems Pentax is developing a new 55mm f/1.4 lens with the DA* designation, meaning it'll be weather-sealed and will have the SDM zoom mechanism for fast, quiet zoom.

Was this always in the roadmap?
http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/en/lens/roadmap.pdf
Illuminati is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 7, 2007, 8:02 AM   #2

Interesting. They keep putting out these DA* lenses and I'll need to rob a bank to support my habit!
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 9:16 AM   #3

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Interesting. They keep putting out these DA* lenses and I'll need to rob a bank to support my habit!
You should have plenty time for planning thou: it will be 2008 or so until released:-)
DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 11:13 AM   #4

Illuminati wrote:
Quote:
Info in topic is incorrect, sorry.

Someone posted a link to the Pentax roadmap again in another forum, but something caught my eye that I never noticed before.

Seems Pentax is developing a new 55mm f/1.4 lens with the DA* designation, meaning it'll be weather-sealed and will have the SDM zoom mechanism for fast, quiet zoom.

Was this always in the roadmap?
http://www.digital.pentax.co.jp/en/lens/roadmap.pdf
Hi Illuminati,

It was in the last roadmap, but was only shown as a 55mm with no tentative name or speed. This was in addition to the 55mm for the 645.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 2:00 PM   #5

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
If you do go the bank robbery route might I suggest you hide out in a cabin in the wood just outside Gander, that way I could borrow your lenses now and then.
Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 2:55 PM   #6

It also looks like the 70-300 changed to a 55-300. Might be a nice kit with the 17-70.
jabilson007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2007, 5:43 PM   #7

Monza76 wrote:
Quote:
mtngal wrote:
Quote:
If you do go the bank robbery route might I suggest you hide out in a cabin in the wood just outside Gander, that way I could borrow your lenses now and then.
LOL! It's dangerous for me to try to sneak a peek here while I'm at work - everyone wonders what I'm giggling about. I'd be willing to take you up on your offer if you provide the remote cabin.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2007, 1:21 AM   #8

I wonder what it's going to cost? Probably a whole lot more than the current 50mm 1.4. Heck I would be happy if they could just supply the demand. It is getting down right crazy trying to find a Pentax lens. If I didn't know any better I would swear they were being controlled by the people that handle production for the PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Wii. It would be easier to find hens teeth.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote