Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 8, 2007, 8:39 PM   #1

Well, I was finally notified by B&H that they have the Pentax 50mm 1.4's back in stock and I got one. Yes, Yes, Yes!.

I have been using an older 50mm f2.0 manual focus that I got off eBay. But, decided rather quickly that I wanted auto-focus so I have been waiting and waiting and waiting for this little sucker to come back in. I have to tell you it would have been easier to find a set of hens teeth than this lens.

BTW if you would like to see some of the low light shots taken with the manual f2.0 you can, they are at:

http://robertbarnettphotography.smug...4366#126597395

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 8, 2007, 10:42 PM   #2

Congratulations Robert - I know your going to like this lens. I used an M42, 50mm-f2 last Spring for some of my flower shots and they are a very sharp lens, but then so is the F1.4. That is what came on my Spotmatic in 1973 and it has been a very good lens. I suspect the F1.4 are going to become harder to find now that the new lens lineup is out. I'm kind of drooling over the new DA35 macro limited, but it looks like it won't be available for awhile. Isold the F2and gotan M50mm-F1.7 and like it very much also. Enjoy your treasure - Bruce
bper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:25 AM   #3

Robert, congrats on the new lens. I really liked the moon picture on your website.

Glenn
Lyrics51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 12:32 AM   #4

Congrats, Robert. If you're not happy with the lens, send it to me. I can always use one more. Seriously, I've got some of the very best Pentax lenses (A*-series) and my FA 50mm 1.4 is well on par with them. It's a little marvel.

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 1:05 AM   #5

Well, I bought the manual focus one off eBay thinking that low-light was something that I wanted to tinker with. Well, it turns out that I really like it and since I have a hard time getting good focus in manual mode I almost immediately wanted the auto-focus lens. It has taken me sometime to get my paws on one.

I have looked at the new lenses that Pentax has coming out. The 35mm looks good and so does the 55mm. However, I am terrified at what they are going to go for. So this will get me going I think quite nicely.

The moon shot on my site was a hard one to do. I shot it out front of my house and had to shoot between red and green lights and the cars. I then had to get rid of all of the power lines and telephone poles (I should have drove someplace better but was too lazy. I just wish that the rest of the clouds would have shown better, it wasn't all that black, but that is how it came out. I of course shot raw and I processed in Lightroom 1.0. But, I am happy with it and will continue to play.

I have also been enjoying candle light shots. I have two up on the site. Those are fun to do as well. So far I have used one candle I may have to get more. Funny how these things always end up with need more things.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 9:01 AM   #6

I love your moon shot - tried to get something similar recently and couldn't get the exposure right. Definitely post some when you get your FA 1.4 in.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote