Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 9, 2007, 1:24 PM   #1

So i just picked up this lens, and took several shots.. I have to say that I am pretty impressed. For the price I don't think one can be unsatisfied with the IQ of this lens..

Attached Images

PanagiotisDJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2007, 8:37 PM   #2

Now thats cool......gotta use mine more often, excellent shot!

cheers, Wayne
waynespixels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:07 AM   #3

That is really awesome! You can see the ridges of the record clearly - I'm impressed with both the quality of the lens and the lovely picture.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 10:23 AM   #4

nice shot but what is it?

roy
Old Mar 10, 2007, 11:44 AM   #5

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

robar wrote:
Quote:
nice shot but what is it?

roy
You mean you cannot tell it is a pick-up cartridge on a phonograph record!!

Don't see much of those anymore in this age of CD's. Even though the technology is not that old, the B&W scheme adds a nice touch!! Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 12:36 PM   #6

Nice shot, I have one of those that I use to convert records to CD's.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 1:20 PM   #7

Nice shot! I really like the reflection of the cartridge on the vinyl.

What kind of lighting did you use?

Been shooting some cartridges recently at work. I have been trying to get something like this for a while. Will have to give it a try on some vinyl.
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2007, 4:11 PM   #8

macshak wrote:
Quote:
Nice shot! I really like the reflection of the cartridge on the vinyl.

What kind of lighting did you use?

Been shooting some cartridges recently at work. I have been trying to get something like this for a while.* Will have to give it a try on some vinyl.

As far as lighting, the only lighting I used was a desktop halogen lamp that I stood on the side of the turntable to make sure the front of the cartridge was lit well. To be honest I totally did not expect to be able to see the grooves of the record, and in the full sized shot, you can clearly see each groove and how it is cut differently.

It is true that most people do not use vinyl and turntables anymore, however I still DJ using vinyl and tried to take some macro shots. I have a couple of other shot in this series that I think turned out pretty good. Ill post some

Thanks for all your positive responses

*edit* This shot was taken handheld with my K100d
Old Mar 10, 2007, 6:52 PM   #9

Yeah, vinyl is still alive. You should use some of the cartidges I have to shoot.

Up to $13K. Turntables up to $50K.:shock:

They wouldn't let me take the $13k cartridge out of the box to shoot. Personally, I didn't even want to touch it.

Recently I had to shoot some vinyl and get some light reflections for a project. It was challenging with the setup I have at work. But got it done.

I just got me a Sigma 105 macro for xmas. And this week a Sigma 170-500. Haven't had on opportunity to use either much, but hope to soon.

Keep shooting.

macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2007, 12:21 AM   #10

macshak wrote:
Quote:
Yeah, vinyl is still alive. You should use some of the cartidges I have to shoot.

Up to $13K. Turntables up to $50K.*:shock:

They wouldn't let me take the $13k cartridge out of the box to shoot. Personally, I didn't even want to touch it.

Recently I had to shoot some vinyl and get some light reflections for a project. It was challenging with the setup I have at work. But got it done.

I just got me a Sigma 105 macro for xmas. And this week a Sigma 170-500. Haven't had on opportunity to use either much, but hope to soon.

Keep shooting.
wow... you must be talking about the real high end stuff that audiophiles love.. I would love to listen to how some of that stuff sounds. Unfortunately the cartridges I own and use are made for wear and tear and are generally in the 100-200 dollar price range. Anyways, id love to see some shots of those cartridges when u get some