Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 9, 2007, 2:38 PM   #1

Just my thought. I think that Pentax may have to develop a 1.25-30 sensor to up their bid in to the Pro sector. Many of the DA* lenses can be used in that configuration. Any thoughts?
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 9, 2007, 4:21 PM   #2

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
Just my thought. I think that Pentax may have to develope a 1.25-30 sensor to up their bid in to the Pro sector. Many of the DA* lenses can be used in that configuration. Any thoughts?
Hi Ben,

Now I think you might just be trying to start a rumor here. :G

I like the idea as there are rumours on some chinese sites (I am not Chinese so I have to use not so great translations) that Sony has developed a 1.25 sensor. On the same site they mention K150D, K200d and K20D. 110D becomes 150D, 100D becomes 200D both to support the new *DA lenses. K20D to have the 1.25 sensor you mentioned. Now with new Pro Sony DSLR coming out maybe they would have the 1.25 sensor in that unit.

I only read this stuff as I find it facinating what is happening in the photgraphy industry. I love a good rumour as long as it is not hurting anyone. I also only found these rumors by searching for K150D.

My 2cents for what this is worth.

My unofficial rumor source: Pconline.com.cn

equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 4:29 PM   #3

ben,
about the above shot. is the smoke present when you yake the shot or is it added later?

roy
Old Mar 9, 2007, 4:57 PM   #4

equinox wrote:
Quote:
benjikan wrote:
Quote:
Just my thought. I think that Pentax may have to develope a 1.25-30 sensor to up their bid in to the Pro sector. Many of the DA* lenses can be used in that configuration. Any thoughts?
Hi Ben,

Now I think you might just be trying to start a rumor here.* :G

I like the idea as there are rumours on some chinese sites (I am not Chinese so I have to use not so great translations)* that Sony has developed a 1.25 sensor.* On the same site they mention K150D, K200d and K20D.* 110D becomes 150D, 100D becomes 200D both to support the new *DA lenses.* K20D to have the 1.25 sensor you mentioned.* Now with new Pro Sony DSLR coming out maybe they would have the 1.25 sensor in that unit.

I only read this stuff as I find it facinating what is happening in the photgraphy industry.* I love a good rumour as long as it is not hurting anyone.* I also only found these rumors by searching for K150D.

My 2cents for what this is worth.

My unofficial rumor source:* Pconline.com.cn

What's a "Rumour"? I just would like to get a feel for water here, metaphorically speaking. The people at Pentax seem very receptive to what their users are asking for. That's all...

Ben

http://anashcreation.com/thenashgallery/BenjaminKanarek
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:00 PM   #5

robar wrote:
Quote:
ben,
about the above shot. is the smoke present when you yake the shot or is it added later?

roy
What you are seeing is half smoke machine and half photoshop...
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:09 PM   #6

I don't mean to be rude but what does your pictur have to do with your post? On your first post, you linked that pictured. On your 2nd post you linked the rest of the picture without explaining why you posted/linked the image.

Your pictures are nice but some of us are still on dail up.
:?
superakuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 5:11 PM   #7

benjikan wrote: Nice.

Try to be a little more harsh in your replies will you. That will win you friends and help influence people to respond to your inquiries. I will just IGNORE your posts for now on.
equinox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 6:47 PM   #8

Ben

Keep putting your thoughts out it just wakes us up to what can be done. I know from reading your posts on other web sites that you are just passing along to Pentax what the consumer like us are saying.

Thanks Jim
87olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:25 PM   #9

Hi Ben,

The Idea of that size for a sensor would be great only as long as Pentax and other lens manufactuors keep making Full Frame lenses. If they start making Digital only lenses for for the crop sensors then people will start to really grabthe old lenses.

Digital lenses are ok, But the full frame lenses in my opinion are far better because they use the center of the lens. And you don't have to worry about soft edges.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2007, 7:29 PM   #10

Hi superakuma,

When do you need a reson to post pictures here??? As for being on a slower connection you could just ask Ben to resize his pictures.

Also what is Dail up? is this a New Slow connection to the internet???

Rudy

bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote