Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 31, 2007, 9:42 PM   #61

The pictures here are reallygood - Roy, the reflection with the turtle is really wonderful! They are all so special! This has been a really fun thread.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:49 PM   #62

God pictures of Red Eared Slider Turtles. BTW, turtles are reptiles, not amphibians.

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Thought I'd add these 3 pictures to this thread, even though they are turtles and not reptiles, and I didn't think they were good enough to warrant their own thread. However, the point is interesting. This is how most of my in-water turtle images end up looking like:
lesmore49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2007, 10:56 PM   #63

Great pictures of reptiles and amphibians. I especially like the photos of the Common Snapping Turtles. Very kind of the guy in St. Paul, rescuing that Snapper on the road.
Snappers are always angry, so it's not you. They are tough:-x rascals.

I really enjoyed this series of pictures. As you maybe able to tell I'm a real fan of Retiles and Amphibians, so please don't take my clarifications the wrong way.

We have a family pet, who happens to be a Western Ornate Box Turtle. She goes by the name of Portia and is pretty camera shy.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:12 AM   #64

Retiles and Amphibians ????
who cares. i posted a toad.. what's it??

roy
Old Apr 1, 2007, 8:42 AM   #65

Thanks for information about turtles being reptiles - I'm not very good with sorting out what is what (always think of reptiles as lizards and such). My knowledge of the animal and plant kingdoms is pretty limited. Just like looking at them. In fact, about the only thing I know about turtles is that some live in the water and some live in the desert.

Are toads frogs? We have mountain toads that I hear in the spring, but no water around.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 11:15 AM   #66

Toads are generally not aquatic, Frog's generally are aquatic. They are different species, but both are amphibians.

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Thanks for information about turtles being reptiles - I'm not very good with sorting out what is what (always think of reptiles as lizards and such). My knowledge of the animal and plant kingdoms is pretty limited. Just like looking at them. In fact, about the only thing I know about turtles is that some live in the water and some live in the desert.

Are toads frogs? We have mountain toads that I hear in the spring, but no water around.
Old Apr 1, 2007, 7:42 PM   #67

I love this board, I learn so much. I thought all amphibians lived both in and out of the water, and couldn't quite figure out toads. Thanks!