Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 22, 2007, 5:55 PM   #21

Need to see more activity...BUMP!
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:20 AM   #22

inneyeseakay has some prime example of fabulous and great macro pict with simple extension tube or its substitute.
This could be a simple & great DIY (for March Challenge) project.
I know somebody have bought junk (and cheap of course) TC and break the lens and use it as extension tube for macro shot. A lot of these TC are manual one. But who cares ? You do manual with most macro shots anyway.
I saw quite a few posts on this.

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:34 AM   #23

here's 3 DIY gadgets in one.
bottom is a body cap reversing ring
under the light is rear cap ring for protection and adding accessories
top is a DIY 24light LED array

there's more.

roy
Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:36 AM   #24

how about a custom off camera flash bracket
and a DIY diffuser
Attached Images

Old Mar 28, 2007, 10:59 AM   #25

and an adjustable pano head so you can move the cam back/forward to get the nodal point of the lens directly above the tripod center.
i know this is a bad pic but i shot with the fuji and did not set up the cam right and i'm not going to put the head back together.
Attached Images

Old Mar 28, 2007, 11:14 AM   #26

a lucite diffuser

and for those that missed the LED ringlight here's the back of one. each led has to have it's own resitor. it's a mess as this was really my first step at soldering at this level.

roy
Old Mar 28, 2007, 6:33 PM   #27

Roy,

WOW1
I am impressed...the LED array is so challenging! Great Stuff.
I am working on using Dowels to replace batteries in my 4 cell flashes so I can connect external power to them. I will post if I get them complete....heck I will post anyway

Feroz
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 6:57 PM   #28

fghouse2000 wrote:
Quote:
Roy,

WOW1
I am impressed...the LED array is so challenging! Great Stuff.
I am working on using Dowels to replace batteries in my 4 cell flashes so I can connect external power to them. I will post if I get them complete....heck I will post anyway

Feroz
feroz,
all you need is two dowels the right size. epoxy two metal contacts on the end of each one to attach the + - leads to. drill a small hole in the flash body and you are all set. if your dowels are too small diameter us paper to roll around to size and a good coat of glue to seal them.

roy
Old Mar 28, 2007, 8:44 PM   #29

Hey Roy! This is a great thread btw. I have the same Sigma flash and I'm planning to use some scrap acrylic sheet. How'd you attach that reflector? I doubr if some velcro strips will be enough to hold mine.

Nols
Nols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2007, 9:51 PM   #30

nols,
heavy duty velcro. works like a charm. do not, as i did, use 1/4inch acrylic. it's too heavy and puts way too much torque on the flashes indents. i'm currently looking for some 1/8'' or even better 1/16''..
see, i'll even admit to design problems. i had this laying around when i made it.
i've also got a wired remote that i won't post because of the comment, ''well, it does look a little homemade''. it was also made with parts laying around.