Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 12, 2007, 4:20 PM   #1

Last Sunday I visited Discovery World (a hands on musuem/activity center) in Milwaukee.

I took a bunch of pictures with a borrowed 50mm Pentax 1.7 lens and a Vivitar 2X Macro Teleconverter. It was an interesting experience because this teleconverter is a combination of a 2X and variable extension tube. At its max positon I can get a 1:1 macro.

I have posted some of the pictures at: http://picasaweb.google.com/feroz.gh...12007Published for C&C.

For a 20 dollar TC the results were IMHO surprisingly good. You see some junk on the pictures....crud on the lens (forgot to clean it when I borrowed it). My next project will be to try the same on some of my other longer zoom lenses, Anybody care to predict the results? hmmm....

I look forward to thoughts and ramblings

Feroz
fghouse2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2007, 4:41 PM   #2

Good pics. Looks like a good combo.

Darren
Dal1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 7:23 PM   #3

Very nice shots. They weren't macros, but I really liked the different pics of the rope. You captured the texture of the rope so well I could almost feel it. Very nice job!

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:32 PM   #4

Nice pictures - the Vivitar didn't degrade quality much at all - gives nice results with the 50mm. Looks like an interesting building and would be a fun place to visit.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2007, 9:42 PM   #5

The Buliding with the wings is the Milwaukee Art Musuem. This wings actually open and close dynamically depending on the speed of the wind outside.

I was expecting much softer pictures with the TC and the actual outcome surprised me. I have not tried the macro portion of this TC as of yet thougg. This will be one of my next projects in addition to attaching the TC to one of my longer zooms.

Thanks for looking and commenting

Feroz
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:35 AM   #6
TC3

Page wont load for me says there is an error on page

I have used a similar tc with my pentax 50 1.7 and have had some great macro shots myself....works very well as a combo

As i can not see the pics is the art museum the one near the lake that has a large sail shaped feature? If so i thought that a real cool architectual building

TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 5:19 AM   #7

mtngal wrote:
Quote:
Nice pictures - the Vivitar didn't degrade quality much at all - gives nice results with the 50mm. Looks like an interesting building and would be a fun place to visit.
I agree with Mtngal on this.

BK
Black Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 8:02 AM   #8

Every once in a while, picasa(google) throws up an error (404). I guess this is a problem with too many people hitting the Picasa webserver. The page works for me (just tried it). Perhaps try later might be the answer.

The art musueum is the building with the sail like structure. I agree it is a cool piece or architecture.

Thanks for looking

Feroz

p.s. BTW Picasa just increased my photo storage from 250MB to 1GB!!!
Old Mar 14, 2007, 6:42 AM   #9

Location: Hebron, Kentucky (northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati):KCVG

You have made art out of ordinarily mundane subject matter (ropes and wood, etc)! Good composition, and a great value on a $20 lens!! Jay
Wingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 3:08 PM   #10

Are you from milwaukee? Or what part of Wisconsin are you from? :G
Flaco is offline   Reply With Quote