Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 13, 2007, 6:22 AM   #1

Here is a sample shot with the 40 Limited and the 100 Macro Pentax lenses. It was the first time I used the Pentax for Still Life. It was shot this weekend...By the way the left image is a "Bulgari" ring.

Ben
Attached Images

benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:08 AM   #2

Hi Ben,

It amazes me that after all these years of shooting you still have a great imagination!!! I like the model shot with the shoe toss. How many times did it take you to get it the way you wanted it?

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2007, 9:10 AM   #3

ben,
the 2nd one makes a statement, the image of the ring is...hmmm
i can't tell what it is. hopefully it's not for publication. just MHO

roy
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:52 PM   #4

I think we did the shoe toss about 25 times...
Old Mar 13, 2007, 3:59 PM   #5

Yes..It is for a client, in fact it will be coming out in April 2007. The Art Director loves it as we did not want the image to be literal. Our only interest was the vertical crescent diamond cluster opposing the horizontal mass. "Bulgari" don't need to be seen as pragmatic, they are incredibly creative in what they design, that is why we chose to take on a more ethereal abstract approach. I gave up shooting in a literal idiom years ago. I hate to "catalogue" information. If you need that kind of photographer, I tell the client to go elsewhere.
Old Mar 14, 2007, 8:59 AM   #6

i'm rather like Roy, love the shoe toss, but wasn't so sure about the ring as a product advertisement. After reading your explanation, I went back and looked at it again - it makes much more sense to me now. It's fun to see these ways of expanding our view of the world - I can take away from it what I want and perhaps use some of what you present to me later on in another application. Interesting stuff, this.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote