Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:33 AM   #1

Help! Last night I decided to try an 80-200 tele zoom off of my old K1000, on the new K10d. Well, with the lensrotated about 2/3 of the way around the bayonet camera mount while installing it, it will no longer rotate. I can't get it to turn the last little bit to be fully locked on, nor can I get it to turn the opposite way so I can remove it. It is slightly loose in the position it is in, so I know its not seized or galled on, its like its pinned in that position.

Any ideas for removing it would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!
r_miklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2007, 9:52 AM   #2

I had the same thing happen with my DS and an old lens the first day I got it.

There is probably an extra 'tab' on the lens that got stuck in the autofocus gear.

How I did it, got me an automotive 'feeler gauge'. Using the thinnest one, gently slide it between the camera and lens. You'll probably have to wiggle the lens back and forth a bit. Take your time and be carefull and you'll be able to get the gauge to push the tab back into the lens and then be able to remove the lens.

Then, if you wish to use the lens, you can take the lens apart and remove the tab without harming the lens and still be able to use on your K10D.
macshak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2007, 11:06 AM   #4

Thanks for the quick replies!

Searching through the links I found this one to look the best:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=19214685

I will be trying this when I get home from work.

Again, thanks a bunch!
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:12 AM   #5

OK, tried to remove the lens when I got home. Knowing it was a pin on the lens housing stuck in the AF hole in the body, I got my feeler gages from the shop. But when I moved the selector switch from MF to AF, it released the pin and the lens came right off. No feeler gage required.

I love happy endings!:-)

Thanks again for the advice!