Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 18, 2007, 9:11 PM   #21

Thank you all for the additional feedback. I told my wife that I was proud, I never had any of my posts marked with the "popular" icon before . I did survive another 12 Hours of Sebring and as soon as I have a chance to sort through my pictures I will try to post some more.

Phil: Yes, that is the secret I learned this weekend. Judging from my results, I did not consistently apply it, but when everything came together I was very pleased with with this lens on my K100.

Snooked/Ed, it is funny; I looked at your picture before I read your post and immediately said "That is the Sebring Raceway." In 1966 I was not quite a twinkle in my father's eye and I am sure that a lot has changed at the track. It still offered quite a few photo opportunities, though, and if you come up next year please look me up.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2007, 9:26 PM   #22

Hey NonEntity1, there`s a hydroplane race happening in your neighborhood, Lake Placid,in two weeks. Maybe you might want to check it out. It`s at the Lions Club camp. If you do go, bring a long lens.I think it`s a free event or maybe a couple bucks for spectators, and the pits are open.These little shingles can do 100mph in certain classes! For more details go to http://www.raceforthekids.net/. I can`t make it myself that weekend, but will be in Lakeland the following weekend for a race there.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 2:05 PM   #23

Thanks! Looking at the webpage, it looks like the race is in Lake Wales, not Lake Placid, but that is only an hour drive north of here. (There are so many "Lakes" in this area it IS hard to keep track). If my schedule permits, I may still check it out.

Thanks,

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2007, 7:38 PM   #24

Ooops, your right about the location. I`ll be at the Indy car races here in Miami/Homesteadwith my istDS on Saturday. I used to be involved with inboard hydroplane racing many moons ago. There sure are a bunch of great racinglakes in your neighborhood! I sure hope the great weather were having holds up through the weekend, and thatya make it out to the races.
PTB Stalker is offline   Reply With Quote