Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:16 AM   #1

I've had my K100 for over a month now, but I've been getting a bit frustrated with manually focusing images. I know I'm supposed to take my glasses off when using the viewfinder, but I'm really blind without them on (my lenses are over 1/2 inchat theirthickest end). I found a couple of replacements on Ebay that may work, but their listedfor the istD, and I wasn't sure ifthey'd be compatible with my camera. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2007, 6:28 AM   #2

grimlock wrote:
Quote:
I've had my K100 for over a month now, but I've been getting a bit frustrated with manually focusing images. I know I'm supposed to take my glasses off when using the viewfinder, but I'm really blind without them on (my lenses are over 1/2 inchat theirthickest end). I found a couple of replacements on Ebay that may work, but their listedfor the istD, and I wasn't sure ifthey'd be compatible with my camera. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance.
Actually Pentax does make an optional eycup.... but forget is it is just better shaded or more optically corrected.
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 12:33 PM   #3

hi, i lostthe original rubber eyecupfrom my istdl and the pentax replacement is better but have you tried adjusting the diopter on the viewfinder? on mine it's adjusted by sliding a little button on the top of the viewfinder and i'd guess your k100 would be similar. you really shouldn't need to remove your glasses; i don't and my lenses are pretty strong also.

all the best, eric
ejbrusselsprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 1:58 PM   #4

Tried that earlier, still too blurry without my glasses.
grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2007, 3:59 PM   #5

i keep mine on also but i don't have a prob focusing with out them. i also use a pentax eyecup that magnifies the screen to 1.2x. orion makes a telescope eyecup. ck it out.

roy