Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:16 AM   #1

From a post at another forum:

Just finished my lunch with Pentax...a couple of things. Let's start with ME 'cause that is the most important item here LOL... LOL ..might as well build on my already horrible reputation for having an over inflated ego and add fuel to the fire of those that said I'm a dick head..LOL.

I will shortly be up on the official Pentax France web site...

Now that I got that BS out of the way, let's get to the serious stuff. Start saving your pennies..The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say and we won't have to wait as long as some have speculated. I know, I know....But it will be worth the wait.

End of discussion..
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...&owner_id=5144
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:38 PM   #2

Hi Ben,

Don't we all have a little Ego??? ;P I guess that asking to be a beta tester for thr 645D is out of the question then....:G

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:46 PM   #3

benjikan wrote:
Quote:

Just finished my lunch with Pentax...a couple of things. Let's start with ME 'cause that is the most important item here LOL... LOL ..might as well build on my already horrible reputation for having an over inflated ego and add fuel to the fire of those that said I'm a dick head..LOL.

I will shortly be up on the official Pentax France web site...

Now that I got that BS out of the way, let's get to the serious stuff. Start saving your pennies..The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say and we won't have to wait as long as some have speculated. I know, I know....But it will be worth the wait.

End of discussion..
http://www.pressbook.com/homebook.as...;owner_id=5144
Sounds great to me. How about if you test it for Studio Photos and I will test it for Wild Free Ranging Wildlife???? Just an offer.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 4:54 PM   #4

Thanks for the update - but the 645 doesn't interest me. I'm sure it would be way heavier than I could comfortably manage - the K10 is the absolute max I can handle. For all the rest of you, have a great time making me jealous of my weight limitation when you start posting all your incredible pictures! At least having it in the line-up will silence those who say that Pentax doesn't have a pro-level upgrade path.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2007, 6:02 PM   #5

During my lunch with Pentax today, I told them when I eventually get the 645D, I will still work with the K10D. It really depends on the support that the images will be used in. I love the K10D..Awesome camera with the 21, 40 and 70 pancake lenses..Too sweet...
Old Mar 15, 2007, 10:18 PM   #6

benjikan wrote:
Quote:

.The 645D is not vapourware..that is all I can say and we won't have to wait as long as some have speculated. I know, I know....But it will be worth the wait.
I hope you are right. Let us see.
But if it materialise (a biggie IF) , it will be a bombshell with considerable ripple effect. It reestablishes Pentax at the forefront even ahead of Canon whose 5D is the only game for FF. Not that FF or 645 is any better. But it has huge psychological effect. Thousand and thousand of 645 lens are idling around now. The effect of throwing SR to all of them is just eyeopening. If Pentax wants to make a statement of coming back with vengeance, that is the one.
645D may sell a lot less than K10D or K100D, but it has a lot more significance than anything before.
Some of the 645 * lens have already gone up a lot the last yr or so.
You had better be right.

Daniel , Toronto
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:56 AM   #7
PDL

Maybe you could get them to answer this question.

Why is Pentax not considered a camera vendor by Microsoft? ==> no support for PEF in any Microsoft product. The support Can*n, N*kon, S*ny, M*nolta, Fuj*Film --- but not Pentax.

Oh - I forgot - it is up to Pentax to support itself --- my bad. Pentax does not appear to follow this forum - so the point is moot.

PDL
PDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 5:23 AM   #8

...It will happen...That I am sure of. I see you are from Toronto. I was born there...

Ben

http://www.olaphoto.com/zoom/benjamin-kanarek.php
Old Mar 18, 2007, 7:44 AM   #9

benjikan wrote:
Quote:
...It will happen...That I am sure of. I see you are from Toronto. I was born there...

Ben

Ben,

Hope you will post end of this yr something like "I told you so"

Daniel
danielchtong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2007, 1:01 PM   #10

danielchtong wrote:
Quote:
benjikan wrote:
Quote:

Ben

Ben,

Hope you will post end of this yr something like "I told you so"

Daniel
Now..That is serious pressure...Me to.