Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:22 PM   #1

TC Contender, 13", 30-30, fingerprints on barrel, not extra charge!

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 16, 2007, 12:54 PM   #2

Looks like a nice one. You did gooood.

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 1:42 PM   #3

I almost shot my foot off with one of those once. My dad handed it to me loaded as I handed him my semi-auto pistol. He failed to warn me that he had the triggeradjusted to its lightest pull. I just barely touched the trigger as I begun raising the gun. BOOM! 3" in front of my right foot! Ya, ya, ya, I know, don't touch the trigger until the gun is in position.......:-)
r_miklos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 2:49 PM   #4

looks like the one i had. mine was bored for 357 max. it's a 357 mag shell that's 3/8'' longer than a regular round.
largest bore i've shot with a contender was a .375 mag. this is an elephant round as big and maybe bigger that my middle finger. it was an epiphany pulling the trigger.

roy
Old Mar 16, 2007, 3:56 PM   #5

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
TC Contender, 13", 30-30, fingerprints on barrel, not extra charge!
Don't ya hate that when it happens? Dust and fingerprints on "product shots". Since playing at these (can't call what I've done serious work), I've gained a whole new respect for the meticulous prep of those who specialize in this type of photography. Cameras are so brutal at exposing any such flaws -- and it doesn't help when the cats decide to check out the setup before I start shooting -- and there is no stopping them from doing their inspection, and usually shedding more than light on the situation!!:-)

Scott

Edit: BTW nice shot of a great and versatile firearm. Do you hunt with it, or was it a metallic silhouette thing?
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 4:34 PM   #6

I hunted with it two or three times, but mostly target shooting is all it sees. I have some other barrels for it, which see some use at the range.

Tom
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:15 PM   #7

i use to shoot silhouettes. always a great sound of a large round clanging off the steal.
did a 12' gun case for a guy that had 2 TC muzzle loaders.. very sweet. i also had to custom the size of the case to his favorite rifle. i told him i needed it for size and he brings in a bull barreled 25- 06 with bipod and a 4-20 scope on it and i commented. ah, nice varmite rifle.. well kind of. he'd been dallas's first PD sniper. guess i should have known by the 6 teflon coated rounds on the stock. said he could stay on a pieplate at 1000 yards.

roy
Old Mar 16, 2007, 6:26 PM   #8

Nice gun and nice shot. The finger prints - lol. Same thing happened to me. Didn't even see them until I looked at the pics in PSP. Ended up doing a re-shoot.
HogRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2007, 7:47 PM   #9

Thanks, hard to see the duct tape and the marker holding it to the background, but the finger prints show up just fine.

Tom
Old Mar 16, 2007, 8:36 PM   #10

get a good jewelers cloth to polish it next time. it'll also work on your lenses.

roy