Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 21, 2007, 4:30 PM   #1

Hi,

Using old lens w DSLR is gratifying experience, but focusing is so painful.

Any one here use Split focus screen on DSLR to improve focusing with Manual lens?

How its performance when use it w Auto focus lens? On Ebay, I saw many offer of Split focusing screen, mostly coming from China. Is it recommended item? Where did you get this focus screen?

Thanks

RTogog
rtogog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 21, 2007, 5:51 PM   #2

i've got one from a guy in china made from a minolta screen .. it works just fine for $27 delivered. the thing is i have found i don't use it's capabilities very much as i tend to focus in the corners more than the center of the VF.. i've also found that you need a fairly bright lens for it to work at maximum effectiveness..
i recently upgraded my VF to a 1.2X screen and find that i like it better than the split-screen even tho the split screen is still installed.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:24 PM   #3

Robar,

Your VF w 1.2 x enlargement is so interesting. Where do you find it? How it looks llike? Matched with my eyes as rotten fruits!

Thanks,

RTogog
rtogog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21, 2007, 6:35 PM   #4

it's a pentax product - 0-me53
you'll have to find it. mine came from ebay from a guy in japan. i wear weak glasses and the magnification is just fine with them. it was delivered in less than a week.

roy