Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:21 AM   #11

Your town is much better than Los Angeles, too - you can actually see open spaces. Looks like a lovely town, and is that signs of skating on one of the lakes? Outdoor ice skating is great fun (having done it once or twice).
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 3:51 PM   #12

Nice to get the overview, take away a pond or two your surroundings remind of mine. Is the entire building complex in the centre your residencial house, or are parts of it for farming? And the big buildingby the pond, is that where you keep your camera equipment?:-)

Kjell
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:13 PM   #13

bilybianca wrote:
Quote:
Nice to get the overview, take away a pond or two your surroundings remind of mine. Is the entire building complex in the centre your residencial house, or are parts of it for farming? And the big buildingby the pond, is that where you keep your camera equipment?:-)

Kjell
Kjell,

The entire building is my house with a garage on the far right. The big building is my shop where I work on our vehicles and store some old cars that I am always planning on working on, but rarely get to do so. We also store a couple of older sports cars during the winter months there, one for me and one for my wife to keep them from rusting during our road salt months.

It is a great place to live, almost like having your own park, although mowing the lawn takes a good part of three hours.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:37 PM   #14

ennacac wrote:
Quote:
It is a great place to live, almost like having your own park, although mowing the lawn takes a good part of three hours.
Don't you miss crime, smog and parking tickets?
bilybianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:12 AM   #15

Hi Kjell,

Well if you go farther north into the U.P of MI. you still have the crime, DUIs,speeding tickets and the famous one car accidents. We still hav No Fault Insurance here. Those Trees and ditches just jump right out in front of most drivers up here.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:12 AM   #16

We still have parking tickets, kind of, where the local police officer will ask you to move your car and if you don't in an hour or two, you get a ticket.

We have some crime, mostlly breaking into vacation cabins during the winter months and High School beer parties.

No smog, unless you stop behind a tractor when two farmers are talking to each other and bocking the road.

That is why we moved up here from Milwaukee, to escape the issues all large cities seem to have and so far it has worked just fine.

Tom
ennacac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 8:58 PM   #17

Nice. I have taken a bunch of pics from small planes. We do it quite often in the Civil Air Patrol. The keys are smooth air (winter is good for that), a clean window, and good communications with the pilot. You appear to be SDIS qualified for sure.
sgarthee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 10:19 PM   #18

Wow, looks like a great spread; my dream is to live in the country on acreage, though I would prefer to split the difference between FL and WI. Thanks for posting, I understand the how your house is situated with the wetlands that give you such great bird pictures now.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote