Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 25, 2007, 1:35 PM   #21

I understand your reasoning and it really comes down to what is available and what choices there are to support the brand you decide on.

Pentax is a great brand and economical compared to the competition. Availability of older lenses and compatibility can get someone started right away trying out many different types of shooting interests.

In the end we all enjoy photography and whatever we decide to use to meet our needs is all that matters.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 1:53 PM   #22

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
After this auction, I will sell my smc-f 50mm f/1.7 lens.
Good luck with the Canon then! I can understand that step, since I am not a believer in a certain brand and came across a Pentax DL2 offer I couldn't let go - that and the fact I liked how I could operate it were enough for a decision.

It wasn't long to discover for me how limited the kit lens was compared with what I was used to from my 10x Oly C770 zoom - so I started to read about lenses.

From my current (limited) experience I can understand that you put a good lens on the first place and then go for a body - I hope you'll get from Canon what you are hoping for. I will definitely watch the "Wildlife" section

As for the auction - what a pity you only ship to USA - quite some sellers on ebay do this... so many nice auctions went without me bidding, including lots for a F or FA 50/1.4 or 50/1.7 - darnit. But I am not the one to pay twice themoney just because I live at that side of earth, so silly. :P

So good luck with the auction - hopefully it will get you some cash to cover a new Canon lens.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 2:21 PM   #23

hung, i'll try and get over to the wildlife forum more often. i'll really miss your posts here tho.

roy
Old Mar 25, 2007, 4:19 PM   #24

Good luck Hung. Most of my friends have Canon as well but on my budget I will be staying with Pentax for the foreseeable future.

I will try to swing by and see your pictures.

Ira

Interesting, Royce switches too Canon while benjikan switches from Canon, each with a good reason. Just goes to show how close all modern dSLRs really are.

Monza76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:03 PM   #25

Going to miss your photo's Hung.

Glad you came back to comment. I was wondering where you had gotten to as well.

Good luck with your new equipment.

I for one would like to thank Pentax, if it was not for the *ist DL being offered at such an amazing price, might have missed out on the dslr experience.

Fred
Fred2726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 10:49 PM   #26

royce10 wrote:
Quote:
all of my friends have canon dslr.
Wait! I still have a Nikooon! Don't leave MMEEEEE ALOONNEe!!!
swgod98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:30 PM   #27

Woops.

swgod98 wrote:
Quote:
royce10 wrote:
Quote:
all of my friends have canon dslr.
Wait! I still have a Nikooon! Don't leave MMEEEEE ALOONNEe!!!
royce10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 1:08 AM   #28

Hi Hung

Great to see how highly regarded you are in this forum.

Looks like I'll have to check my Flickr contacts page more often to see what your up to !!!

Good luck with your Canon and 400 lens. Will be most interested to watch your progress with your new combo.

Cheers:Ian Mc.
Ian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:01 AM   #29

Hi Hung,

Well I hope you will be happy with the switch to Canon. I switched from Canon to Pentax as I wanted a Pentax in the first place.

You should have got the K10D Then any lens would have been stabilised. Now you have to get the IS lenses.

Borrowing lenses might be good for awhile but friends might be using or tire of lending the lenses you want to borrow.

Anyway have fun.

Rudy
bluwing is offline   Reply With Quote