Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:13 AM   #1

A short while ago I posted a thread about anyone knowing the difference in the flash head sizebetween the Sigma EG500 flash and the Pentax AF540FGZ flash. Got some repsonses but not any answers.

Well I got my new Pentax 540 flash and the flash head IS bigger than the Sigma EF500DG flash head, not by much, but enough that my Omni bounce diffuser doesn't fit.

So off to eBay to spend another $12, not a big issue, except they only stock for the Pentax AF360FTZ NOT the AF360FGZ????.I think it is a typo and it is for the FGZ

Does anyone know if the flash head on the 360 is the same size as the 540??

I love the omni bounce and leave it on ALL the time on my Sigma flash and want to do the same with the 540.

As a side thought, I have noticed that I get slight OVER exposure when I use the Omni bounce diffuser on my Sigma flash. I have heard some people complaining about the 540 UNDER exposing a littleon the K10D. When I get my K10D back later next month I will try it out and see if there are any exposure issues and what the Diffuser does.

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:26 AM   #2

Hi Crash,

The AF360 FGZ does NOT have the same head size as the AF540FGZ. The correct Omnibounce model for the 540 is the OM-MZ40, according to Sto-fen. Congrats on the new flash. I think that you'll like it.

Scott
snostorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 10:49 AM   #3

I got the Sto-fen Omni-Bounce from BHPhotoVideo yesterday along with other little goodies. This is the one: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...ughType=search

I did not have a chance to try it yet but hope to do it today.
It is a tight fit and it can barely fit in the flash case when on.

DigitalAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2007, 11:05 AM   #4

Yeah I just found the Stofen website myself and found an ebay seller selling them at a nice price, like 1/4 of the Stofen websiteprice and 1/3 of BHphoto.

Will wait to confirm he can get the model I need.

Crash
Peacekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote