Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 25, 2007, 8:00 AM   #1

Since I was banned by DP Reviews for announcing my switch from Canon to Pentax, it has created quite a hurricane of controversy...

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...2568682&page=1
benjikan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2007, 9:42 AM   #2

ben,
don't you mean canon>pentax

roy
Old Mar 25, 2007, 9:44 AM   #3

i don't BELIEVE it but i think phil just pulled the plug on the thread. i'd just gotten to page three. hopefully i'm mistaken.

edit: looks like i spoke too soon.
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:33 AM   #4

Didn't read the whole thread as of yet but find it disturbing that Phil would add
www.pentaxforums.com on the banned url list..... unless there was a ton of cross traffic it is kind of petty.....
oreo57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 11:54 AM   #5

Their Loss

TOTALLY WACKY roger

WackyRoger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:07 PM   #6

robar wrote:
Quote:
ben,
don't you mean canon>pentax

roy
Sorry..Corrected
Old Mar 25, 2007, 12:15 PM   #7

robar wrote:
Quote:
i don't BELIEVE it but i think phil just pulled the plug on the thread. i'd just gotten to page three.* hopefully i'm mistaken.

edit: looks like i spoke too soon.
The acts like a fascist... I say that without reservation and to boot, not really a photographer...and I say that without any hesitation what so ever...

Just checked the link..Still works. Ok so he is a megalomaniac and not a Fascist..Sorry Phil. I generally don't get this angry, but understanding the nature of the business, I feel that my chagrin is justified. I am quite sure that Mr.P had me removed for corporate interest and only corporate interest.:P
Old Mar 25, 2007, 1:02 PM   #8

Well - when I got it right, then some people got the feeling that you kind of "advertised" for Pentax.

Now I haven't read/heard/seen what they are talking about, so I can't and won't comment on it, but I can see why this might be a problem for some people.

All other discussions, regarding your special style and /or preferences, your customers and stuff is just nonsense and doesn't help/contribute.

It looks to me as if this got a kind of "political" touch for people related with other camera brands and it's only natural that they react on it. This happens every day.

Everyone should cool down on that, take a step back and try to understand the other side - and not trying to start flame wars in any form. That doesn't help at all.

Let's wait and see what they say in some weeks... chances are that nobody will talk about it.
thkn777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 1:46 PM   #9

It is his website and he can do whatever he wants. Not taking sides at all but that is the nature of the beast. I don't care for the site myself and found little in usuable contribution in learning anything that I haven't already found here.

DPReviews is just one website of many and one I find quite partisan. I have the two brands he seems to bash quite regularly. Panasonic and Pentax. I don't bother with it anymore but still see it continues to operate any way it darn well pleases as far a members go again his perogative and everyone elses loss.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2007, 2:22 PM   #10

Phil has done a good job of making several things very clear...

1. He has some mental problems.
2. He is very pro Canon and Nikon and will not tolerate any negative comments about either brand.
3. His reviews are biased towards the two companies that pay him for pushing their products those companies are Canon and Nikon.

The only reason he reviews anything other than Canon or Nikon is to help try to make his site and his reviews more balanced. However, spend any time on the forums or reading his reviews and you will quickly see what side his bread is buttered on.

Robert
Robert Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote