Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Pentax / Samsung dSLR, K Mount Mirrorless

Old Mar 26, 2007, 6:39 PM   #1

My nephew insisted on me taking some pictures of him riding his bike without training wheels for the first time, so I got a chance to try out my newest lens picked up from KEH, the Sigma 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Macro. Here's the 3 best shots (exif intact):

No.1

No.2

No.3 - It's not learning if you don't fall!

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 26, 2007, 7:21 PM   #2

just make sure he knows the rules and not to take chances. i saw a kid that did not know much about dirt bikes try a jump they had built yesterday. he did a couple of circuits around their 5 acres and i heard him speed up, next thing i saw was him and the cycle separating at 12-15 feet in the air. i tried to call an ambulance but they said he was okay. i've never seen someone hit the ground that way and not need one. needless to say 2 hours later guess what showed up?? no outcome known.
Old Mar 27, 2007, 1:33 AM   #3

Yeah fortunately until you are about 10 .... they human body is pretty much rubber
Hayward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 8:03 AM   #4

He's a cute guy! Looks like you will have plenty of practice photographing kids on bikes before your own gets big enough to do the same thing.
mtngal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 7:56 PM   #5

Those are nice pics and he looks deservedly proud of his accomplishment. I believe that lens was the first lens I bought after buying the camera and kit lens. I wanted an inexpensive macro capable lens to decide if I would like macro photography. It really did a pretty good job; you will have to try that aspect of your lens and post some results.

Tim
NonEntity1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2007, 10:09 PM   #6

Yeah... I got the Sigma 28-80 Macro and Tamron XR 28-200, I think I definately like the 28-200mm better. It's just as sharp and contrasty, just doesn't do the 1:2 Macro like the Sigma does.

One more:
Attached Images

inneyeseakay is offline   Reply With Quote